Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to give background colour for a line type in table of a smartform

former_member212913
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Iam modifying purchase order smartform in this smartform i have table and in the table painter I can't select the cells i cant even keep

design pattern for that table . My requirement is to make item header in grey colour. Is there any way to make background as grey...

Thanks in advance..

Mahipal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member212913
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

what ever you said can be if the table is custom(creating in the smartform) but iam modifying the existing i have table shown below screen shot. In your example we can give background colour after selecting the columns in  the table line but in my form table line its not allowing me to select as shown in the below

screen shot.

Regards,

Mahipal.

jeroen_verbrugge2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using the PO smartform as attached to Note 852250 - updated /SMB40/ preconfigured form for 470 and 640 ? I had a look at that form and it looks quite similar.

Indeed the table used in that form is another kind of table type, probably used in previous versions. This table type does not support a background. This table type cannot be inserted anymore, still used in upload...

You could insert a new table and then you will have the possibility to set a background. You have to design the table with the same line types and then copy everything to the corresponding header, main and footer area. Will be quite some work.

I think it should also be possible to create another form from scratch and then assign this in your output control.

As you see there are a few options but given that the form you have uses an old kind of table type you cannot have a background color in a simple way.

Kind Regards,

Jeroen

ps: Reward helpfull answers and close this message if your questions are answered

former_member212913
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

yes it might be earlier versions smartform table, even there is no option to keep design pattern for individual column.Anyways i kept item header in a template before the table and kept some conditions like in first page i kept condition as ' only print in first page'. and copied the same into second page with the condition 'not on first page'.

Thanks jeroen for the information..

Regards,

Mahipal.

former_member212913
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for replies,

As code already defined so i should use standard table itself, but the symbol for table is same as the same symbol we use to create a session even its not allowing me to select the cells in the table painter...please help me out..

Thanks

Mahipal

jeroen_verbrugge2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if I understood your question correctly.

I created an example smartform with a table and for the header and lines I have a different color.

You only have to have different line types assigned in header and main area output options.

There is no need to create a smartstyle.

In the table painter, you have to deselect the second icon. If you then hover over a line you see the cursor displayed with moving icon. Then click to select the line. You can then select a color in the drop down box of the shading area.

Check screenshots and import the example smartform in your system.

You can preview it by testing the form in transaction smartforms. In the print popup fill a printer name and choose print preview.

Rgds,

Jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

as far i understand ur requirement.

u want to color  table header background as grey.

check this simple standard example given in smartforms.

SF_EXAMPLE_01

SF_EXAMPLE_02

in this eg. in main window there is a table and its footer's background color is grey.

check this out. revert back if problem still not solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Header details use the  TEMPLATE...

Regards,

Venkat.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure it is possible (Raise error message SMARTFORMS 265 "Boxes/Shadings are not allowed within a table"), you could try with a template, but those lack the simplicity and many functions of the tables.

Regards,

Raymond

former_member212913
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

How can we give  background colour for header using smartstyles can you give more information....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Goto T.code SMARTSTYLES .

Give a name and create then In standard settings You will have a colour drop down box.

Choose the colour you want then also you can choose a specific font and size too.

Save and activate it .

Then come to your smartforms .In the table you will have header row double click on that you can see a output option . In that give the smart style you have created . Then save and activate it .

It will work.

Thanks,

Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahi,

First  Create a smartstyle using the t.code SMARTSTYLES and use your style in the Table header OUTPUT OPTIONS.

This will work.

Thanks,

Pradeep.