cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation: No GL account could be determined for shipment costs item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

During shipment cost document through VI01.and iam getting the following error message .

NO Gl account could be determined for shipment costs items,

In OBYC under whcih transaction key can i assign the GL accounts .

With Regards

dinesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this info.Have you assigned G/L account for this.Assign the G/L account then it should solve the problem.

1.1.1  Determining G/L Accounts Automatically – Shipment Cost Settlement

Use

When the transportation cost is settled in shipment cost documents, the amount shoisuld be recorded to  the G/L account automatically instead of manually. The purpose of this step is to define these settings.

Procedure

1.     To carry out the activity, choose one of the following navigation options:

IMG Path

1. IMG ® Logistics Execution à Transportation à Shipment Costs à Settlementà Automatic G/L Account Determination

Transaction Code

OMWB

2.     Choose Account assignment.

3.     Select transaction GBB- Offsetting entry for inventory posting,and select Choose.

4.     Enter IKR in field Chart of account and choose Enter.

5.     Select New entries.

6.     Make the following entry.

Valuation Modif.

General Modification

Valuation Class

Debit

Credit

VBR

Save. Now the amount of transportation cost can be posted to G/L account automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar

i followed your sugesstion but i am getting the same error like No GL account could be determined for shipment costs item ( T code VI01). kindly check in the status of the shipment doc.

for shipment cost item 0002 iam getting error so i dont want trigger in Shipment cost doc.

for shipment cost item 0001 iam getting correct  so that item 0002 only require to trigger in Shipment cost doc.

where i make setting ?..

With regards

dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess SCD G/L assignment needs a value for profit center as well..I remember it vaguely. Check in SCD header account assignment if the G/L account is determined as per your config and profit center is assigned.

Cheers

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please compare two line items are you able to see any difference.There should be a difference right?.Check you will get some clue.