cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Short Clousre Of Sale Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my clients want me that Sales order to get automatically close when the Delivered Quantity becomes less then a sectional weight of the Material.

For Example : Order quantity 100 Ton 

1 pcs of Material Weight =9.9 Ton

Total Delivered Quantity  = 9.9 X 10 (Delivery) =99 ton

and now  1 ton is left to be delivered but due to 1 ton is less than per material weight i.e 9.9 ton therefore 1 ton of material cannot be delivered                       and  we have to make this order to get close automatically.

Please advice

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of "auto closing" it shouldn't be allowed to place an order for 100 units when only 99 can be delivered. Weight should be known in advance, so why even allow entering 100? This would also be very confusing to the customers, I believe, and how would they know that they're getting only 99?

It seems that business process wasn't really thought through...

If indeed against all better judgement you decide to proceed with such "auto close", it probably would have to be a standalone program that would run in a scheduled job to review all open orders and assign rejection reason based on certain criteria. I don't think this can be done in a user exit because this should happen when delivery is completed and this process normally locks the sales order and it's not possible to do any updates in it. This is a known effect, already discussed times in this forum.

But I would not recommend this option (at least for performance reasons).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Material can have different sectional weight  every time it is produced and 1Qty of Material has value approx. more than 1 ton (which varies also) and 1 Sales order have around 30-50 line item due to this  our client requirement is that the Sales should auto close when the Balanced Quantity weight becomes less then a sectional weight of the Material.

Regards

Aashray

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, if this can't be validated when the order is placed, then the only option I see is a custom ABAP program to update the orders. The orders can't be updated in a user exit because it needs to happen after the last delivery has been completed. Please note that weight should be available in the order or at least in a table that can be easily accessed by using order #.

If this is a manufacturing scenario, you might want to also check if there is anything on the PP side that could be helpfull. Maybe post a question in the PP forum.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For Automatic Closing of Sales Order, you will have to apply a User Exit & insert a necesary code in the same.

But you can use Minimum Order Quantity & Minimum Delivery Qiantity feilds in Material Master - Sales : Sales Org 1 screen. This will ensure Sales Order or Delivery is not created below sectional weight of the material.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why are you allowing the customer to order in Tons. Use a sales unit of measurement for the material where fractions are not allowed. (Setting is done in transaction CUNI for "Decimal place rounding").