Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPUMG - Language has been imported which does not match the system config.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have completed the Upgrade from 4.7 to ERP 6.0 ehp5 non-unicode. Did the preprartory steps for Unicode conversion for SPUMG in the upgrade steps. Now When i verify it in the SPUMG screen (Pre-Conversion), it shows that:

Language Import - Language  has been imported which does not match the system config.

Message no. UMGLOG403

Even though SMLT and RSCPINST are consistent and okay.

When I go to SPUMG Menu Screen --> Scanner --> Settings. Please initialize the language lists first!  Message no. PUMG076.

Please advise us where need to the language lists first!.

Thanks & regards

AK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi AK,

are you doing a CU&UC approach according to SAP note 928729 ? This would be the supported process. In that case, you need to run UMG_FINISH_ PREPARATION after the upgrade. Did you do this ?

Best regards,

Nils

3 REPLIES 3

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi AK,

are you doing a CU&UC approach according to SAP note 928729 ? This would be the supported process. In that case, you need to run UMG_FINISH_ PREPARATION after the upgrade. Did you do this ?

Best regards,

Nils

0 Kudos

Hi Nils,

I followed the approach according to SAP note 928729 and run UMG_FINISH_ PREPARATION after the upgrade. There was an inconsistent behavior in the Language Import, even though Language from SMLT and  RSPINST are consistent.

Now the issue has been resolved by following approach:

1. Delete the content from table UM4STATUS.

2. Then reset SPUMG (SPUMG -> Scanner -> Restart   SPUMG)

3. Then restart SPUMG transaction.

Thanks & regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also managed to solve this by going to SPUMG > Edit > Language (or simply press F5) Make sure that all your languages are activated (with "X").  If not, edit the row and activate the language.  If you select replace the code page to 1160 then change the code page to 1160.  Make sure that the language you selected tallies with the language entries you supplied in RSCPINST report and in table T002C.