cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in transporting infoset query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I created user group, infoset and infoset query. In order to include these objects in a transport request, I went to SQ02 and clicked on transport button on application toolbar and chosen radio button 'Export' and followed usual way as explained in SAP documents. The transport request got generated automatically and it showed all objects i.e. infoset, infoset query and layout variants in the transport request.

Then I logged in in another system and went to SQ02 and clicked on transport button on application toolbar. Here I chosen radio button import and provided same options as it was done in came of 'export' i.e. creating a transport request. In addition I also provided the same transport request that was created and released in previous step.

But it gave me a message, the dataset was not found.

Please guide me if I am missing anything.

Thanks,

Ameet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member274797
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Once you have included your infoset to a tranport request in Dev, move the transport to Qual / Prod through the normal process how you move other config changes. Once the tranport is moved to Qual / Prod, use the import option with the same transport request for the changes to appear in the infoset.

Thanks.

Sairam Maharaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sairam,

I am following the same process as mentioned by you i.e. import option and importing all relevant objects i.e. infoset and query by providing relevant transport request number created. But it shows a message on screen "The dataset could not be found".

Is it that I need to import first the user group and then the infoset and then the relevant query using import option.

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sairam,

I am following the same process as mentioned by you i.e. import option and importing all relevant objects i.e. infoset and query by providing relevant transport request number created. But it shows a message on screen "The dataset could not be found".

Is it that I need to import first the user group and then the infoset and then the relevant query using import option.

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

You can forward me the documents on kamat.ameet@gmail.com and really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ameet,

I have sent you the mail. Please check if its of any use.

Thank you & Regards,

Divya

former_member274797
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Yes, if you have created a new user group import the user group first and then the Infoset.

Thanks.

Sairam Maharaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

plz forward me the documents for transporting SAP infoset query to my mail ID rohitnit07@gmail.com

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Can you please forward me the documents for transporting SAP infoset query to my email nruxer@cresline.com

Thanks,

Nita

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Divya,

Instead of forwarding document to individual users, it would be preferable if you could post it so that all could benefit from it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI diya ,

Can you please forward document to me as well on agarpreeti7@gmail.com.

many thanks

regards

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Private e-mail communications should not be promoted since the whole community will not benefit from it.  Please post your document, or give the hyperlink to it's web location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There Ameet -

First and foremost only those queries which are related to the Global area can be transported from one client to the other client. Yes I agree with Venkat, SAP automatically creates a work bench request when you're creating queries.

Now if i understand you are question, you are attempting to import a query into another client. A simply way i suggest is go to SE10 make sure you click on work bench request  - and release the transport which is generated. Once the transport is imported into the required client, the queries, infosets, user group reflects.

I hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you trying to import the query or your query changes are not appearing in other client?

Can you provide some screen dumps to understand your req

Best Regards

Venkata Manikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

This is the first time I am moving an infoset query hat I created and its relevant objects i.e. user group and infoset that I tried to move by means of a transport request.

I first want to know if the way that I am following is the correct one. I am following the way that SAP suggests.

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet

I'm not sure whether these info query changes comes in workbench request or generally request.

you can create the info sets and transport them and user assignments you can do in PRD.

Best Regards

Venkata Manikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

SAP automatically generates a workbench request if you try to export the infoset query and its objects.

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

The instructions that I followed in order to create a transport reuqest for infoset query and other objects is as mentioned in the document at link given below.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6018c1ae-8c44-2d10-6ea9-c3fad2c82...