cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola RF Gun Freezing Problem

0 Kudos

Has anybody experienced Motorola RF Gun freezing when accessing MII application in internet explorer?

when doing any kind of operation, such as logon the RF Guns stops to work and need to reboot.

device details:

MOTOROLA MC9190

WINDOWS CE

NAURTECH CETERM FOR BROWSER EMULATION

It happens even without using the browser emulation.

Thanks

Elias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you see a successful login message in the NetWeaver logs?  What version of MII are you running, and what URL are you accessing from the device when it freezes?

0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy

It's intermittent, it doesn't freeze in every login. We can logon most of the times, actually it froze in logon just one time, when redirecting the page to main screen, so the login was ok.

MII version is 12.1.9.116

it is happening in several screens, it's apparently random...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elias;

I've seen Motorola and other rf guns freeze at times went the timeout setting on the gun was not set to not timeout.  What is your gun's timeout setting? (default is 10 to 15 minutes, I think)

0 Kudos

Thanks Rick, we are now working with the possibility that it's a network issue, when the gun wake up it lost the wireless connection and freezes at some point. We dont think it's related to MII.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elias;

Glad that helped.  Does the NAURTECH CETERM FOR BROWSER EMULATION software work well for you?  Are you using <applet>'s in your irpt screens?  Do you use a jvm installed on 9190? {Private information Removed by Moderator}

Message was edited by: Michael Appleby

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elias Siqueira,

I have the same problem here, and I could not solve it..

Could you solve the problem? Can you help me?

0 Kudos

Hello Gustavo, are you using Naurtech internet explorer emulator?

In our case we've found that the issue is related to wireless connectivity and rf gun power settings, it was happening wen machine return from sleep mode. We also had similar problem when machine is out of wireless range.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Elias,

I am using the Internet Explorer with AppCenter..

How did you solve the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Elias/Gustavo,

I would recommend that you consider looking at Morotola RhoElements. Unlike Pocket Internet Explorer, which happens to be a watered-down version of Internet Explorer 6, RhoElements runs on the WebKit HTML rendering engine, which powers most mobile devices today (Mobile Safari for iOS, Android Web Browser for Android, Blackberry OS5+ Web Browser).  RhoElements will allow you to confidently develop MII content on Windows CE/Windows Mobile devices, with the added bonus of having it also run on the previously mentioned mobile OSes. RhoElements also provides web based APIs to access most Motorola hardware sensors (GPS, 1D/2D scanners, gyroscope, etc.). So no more third party apps/services running (and crashing) in the background!

I have successfully implemented an MII implementation which has been running on RhoElements for over 1 year now without issue.

Let me know if  you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

My company went live with SAP this week. We use MC9190 handhelds, WIN CE 6.0, and SAP is run on the Naurtech browser. Some of our plants are having issues staying connected to the WIFI in certain areas of our plant, but the wireless singal seems strong throughout. Orginially we ran into some issues with the handhelds dropping out as a user would move throughout the plant, but this was resolved by updating the wireless adaptor to the most recent version.

I've been searching online for any ideas how to improve the stability of the wireles connectivity on the handhelds, but haven't found much.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jesse,

To improve wireless on the MC9190, click the WIFI icon in the systray. Select "Options" then "Band Selection" from the dropdown. check both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands and click the "Save" button. This setting should help to mitigate competing frequencies of other machinery in the plant.

As far as the software, I do not have experience with Naurtech browser.  We use Motorola's RhoElements framework which provide APIs to the MC9190s hardware, including Network.  So we have the ability to manage the user experience by monitiring the network strength.

Hope this information helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Elias,

I am currently working with the Motorola MC9190 and can relate to what you are experiencing.  The issue is around the relationship of Motorola's Fusion wireless drivers and the OS.  Windows CE 6.x is an older OS (circa 2006-2007) and at that time, it did not come pre-installed with native wifi drivers.  Because of this, the OS does not work in tandem to persist the wireless connection, like you may be used to in more modern OSes (eg. iOS and Android).  Motorola's wireless drivers will disconnect from the network after some idle time and it is not configurable (I called Motorola support to confirm). So you will experience use cases where the user can interact with a web page but the underlying connection is disconnected. Unfortuntately, you will need to properly code for such use cases.

0 Kudos

Thanks Michael, the problem for us is that the machine was not just losing the connection, it was freezing, but we could configure to minimize the problems, like increase the waiting time before sleep...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to hear that you worked it out, Elias!