cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to create root object in genil component( old method ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Am following the examples given in Sap web client new release where genil business objects are created via the transaction genil_model_editor. The system which we working on is not enhanced with ehp1. Will be great if anyone can provide some document link or steps on how to create genil business objects ( root object, dependant object, access object ) without ehp1 ( the old method being followed ).

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

If your in SAP CRM 7.0 then,

refer to this link.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/909934be-c0c1-2e10-58a7-e6d92d9f8...

Thank You & Regards

Ron.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

Thank you for the link.

Can you kindly let know If root object have to be created under our defined Z component other than SO2 what class should be used inspite of CL_CRM_GENIL_GEN_TABLE_OBJ. Since here by default the object gets created under component SO2.

Thanks & Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris

sorry for late reply, yes since you are creating your custom object (root)  then you can create it under Z Component. You can assign super class as

" CL_CRM_GENIL_ABSTR_COMPONENT2 "

Revert back if you have doubts

Thank You & Regerads

Rohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

I followed below steps but still am not able to see the root object under the z component that I have created by inheriting class - CL_CRM_GENIL_ABSTR_COMPONENT.

Kindly if the steps are proper.

1) created zclass by inheriting from super class CL_CRM_GENIL_ABSTR_COMPONENT

2) registered the genil component

3) created master table, key structure, attribute structure

4) In spro->CRM->CRM cross appln components->generic interaction layer->component specific settings->simple objects , in object definition under implementation class I have furnished the custom class created for the root object definition, though it did not appear under the root object in genil_model_browser when i checked for the zcomponent i created.

Even by providing the class cl_crm_genil_abstr_component2 as the implementation class in this definition of root object name did not help.

Kindly let me know how to proceed on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Krish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Though you have followed the steps correctly , still there are many steps to follow,as there are some methods as well to redefined which are inherited from the standard class.

try this way,

I suppose you have created a Table, and two structures( attribute,key), in SPRO you have created zcomponent, class, object table and model table.  and then for that custom class created, you have

cl_crm_genil_abstr_comopnent2 as the superclass.

now once all these are done, in your class you can see all the methods inherited from super class.

now out of those methods, redefine -->

1) get_dynamic_query_result ( )

2) get_objects ( )

3) get_model ( )

4) get_object_props ( ).

then go to TCode --  genil_bol_browser. -->  give your zcomponent created in the next screen which has three parts ,Search, list browser,object browser.

under search click on new root object, there you can see the root object you have given in Object table.

if you have doubt please revert back.

Regards

Rohan

i hope your doing a simple BOL object with root, access and dependent onject in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

Thank you for the clarification.