cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Wbs scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had created a project with bottom-up scheduling method and the Scheduling type as "Forwards". I have given the Project Start date and maintained relationship for all the acitivites along with duration. First time when I scheduled I got the Basic finish dates for Project and the WBS elements.

Now i am changing start date of the project and network(i had one network for all wbs under top level wbs)

Let say from 18-08-12 to 18-09-12 According to it let say end date is 15-07-14 and after re scheduling end date is 15-08-14

but when i re-schedule  the project then system is taking start date of project as 18-08-12 and end date as 15-08-14

Where as in network it is taking date as 18-09-12 to 15-08-14 n it should take  start date of project as 18-09-12 and end date as 15-08-14 too.

Pl let me know why system is behaving like this wat configuration is required so that it would take start and end date same as of network date.

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you let me know what is the parameter of network scheduling and wbs scheduling parameter as well??

Regards,

sanjeev chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Pl find screen shot of the sme 

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

notable to see the attached snapshot please do the needful.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Network parameter:

Plant                   1014

Order type           PS02 Network with activity assignment(int.NA)

ProdScheduler   *

Adjust Dates  do not adjust basic dates, dep reqmts to operation dates

Scheduling Type  Forward schedulling

Check box marked of automatic schedulling and latest staging date check box marked

Reduction type                   : all operation in the order will be reduced

Maximum Reduction level     : do not reduce

Rescheduling                      : Distribute distributed work according to old distribution

Wbs parameter

WBS scheduling prof. SPT000000001 SPT Profile-Time Scheduling

Scheduling type  :  Forward

Start in past        :  999

Schedul. method :  Network Determines dates

Max.redn. level   :6

Pl let me know if any other detail is required

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

simply basic date schedule would be by wbs end and forecast date would be schedule by network and its activities. according to that you need to set your parameter.

such date schedule is lots of critical issue in every organization i.e.

when we confirm an activity the schedule once again to project start date be change instead of first start date of project

scheduling parameter need to be change like old to start/finish as well as check mark on first check box

if you want to that project start dated don't be change as you wish reschedling lots of time

2 don't adjust basic dates, dep. Required to ops date

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

sanjeev thanks for the rply M new to this field pl correct me if m wrong

here neither i am increasing date of any activity nor adding any activity.

I jst want to shift project dates to nxt month.

when i do so why only network basic dates and activities basic dates are re schedulled accordingly and project baisc end date is changed but basic start date remains the same.

And why duration of the top level wbs is increased when i am just shifting start date from this month to nxt month.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is due to scheduling system will propose finish date of project when you use forward

in another case system will propose start date when you use backward

in both scenarios once you re-schedule project/wbs system behavior as above.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

As per your settings,the network would determine the dates.This means that you need to maintain the changed start date in the network header. On scheduling the the system would take the activity durations and relationships into account and schedule properly.

After that you need to go to Project Planning Board(in CJ20N) and extrapolate the dates.This would take your requirements into account I hope.

Thanks and Regards