cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping re-occurring node to single node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to map an Element with maxOccurs=unbounded to an Element with maxOccurs=1. So, instead of making a new target node for each occurrence of the source node I want to merge all occuring source node values to only one target node and put semicolons between them.

Basically I want to create a target node with CSV from a re-occurring source node.

Is this possible in message mapping?

Solutions that work will be highly rewarded!

Thanks,

Mattias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is easily possible. You need to write a UDF.

Create a User defined function of type "queue".

input: a

String value = "";
for(int j=0; j<a.length - 1; j++){
     value += a[j] + ",";
}
value += a[a.length - 1];

result.addValue(value);

This will do the required thing.

Regards,

P.Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I have problems with your code during activation:

Activation of the change list canceled Check result for Message Mapping WMS_Articles3_MM | urn:eldorado.ru:wms:Articles: Starting compilation Source code has syntax error: D:/usr/sap/EXD/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/classpath_resolver/Mapb14cbc80bd9311dbbb9f0030053fd998/source/com/sap/xi/tf/_WMS_Articles3_MM_.java:84: cannot resolve symbol symbol : variable length location: class java.lang.String for(int j=0; j<a.length; a++){ ^ D:/usr/sap/EXD/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/classpath_resolver/Mapb14cbc80bd9311dbbb9f0030053fd998/source/com/sap/xi/tf/_WMS_Articles3_MM_.java:84: operator ++ cannot be applied to java.lang.String for(int j=0; j<a.length; a++){ ^ D:/usr/sap/EXD/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/classpath_resolver/Mapb14cbc80bd9311dbbb9f0030053fd998/source/com/sap/xi/tf/_WMS_Articles3_MM_.java:85: array required, but java.lang.String found value += a[j]; ^ D:/usr/sap/EXD/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/classpath_resolver/Mapb14cbc80bd9311dbbb9f0030053fd998/source/com/sap/xi/tf/_WMS_Articles3_MM_.java:87: cannot resolve symbol symbol : variable result location: class com.sap.xi.tf._WMS_Articles3_MM_ result.addValue(value); ^ 4 errors

What could be wrong?

Thx,

Mattias

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it seems that you have not correctly put in the code.

D:/usr/sap/EXD/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/classpath_resolver/Mapb14cbc80bd9311dbbb9f0030053fd998/source/com/sap/xi/tf/_WMS_Articles3_MM_.java:84: operator ++ cannot be applied to java.lang.String for(int j=0; <b>j><a.length</b>; a++){ ^ D:/usr/sap/EXD/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/classpath_resolver/Mapb14cbc80bd9311dbbb9f0030053fd998/source/com/sap/xi/tf/_WMS_Articles3_MM_.java:85: array required, but java.lang.String found <b>value += </b>a[j]; ^

Can you tell us which code you r currently using ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mattias,

when creating the UDF, use option of Context.......then you will get argument as String a() ........see you have to use an input argument of string array.......

Instead of <i>result.addValue(value)</i>; write resultlist.addValue(value);

Then your query may be solved.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just take the recent code. I modified it. Its j++ and not a++.

Change that, it should work.

Regards,

P.Venkat

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when u create the UDF just put this part of the code only

String comp_string = a[0];

for (int j = 1; i<=a.length; j++)

{

comp_string = cop_string.concat(",").concat(a[j]);

}

result.addValue(comp_string);

To learn more abt UDF's do go thru this link - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/e127f28b572243b4324879c6bf05a0/content.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can. You will have to write a small UDF for the same.

use this sample code and it should help you get the results

public void generateCompleteString(String[] a,ResultList result,Container container){

String comp_string = a[0];

for (int j = 1; i<=a.length; j++)

{

comp_string = cop_string.concat(",").concat(a[j]);

}

result.addValue(comp_string);

}

Also note that make the context of the source node (input) for the UDF as the root node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I also had some problems with your code during activation:

Activation of the change list canceled Check result for Message Mapping WMS_Articles3_MM | urn:eldorado.ru:wms:Articles: Starting compilation Source code has syntax error: D:/usr/sap/EXD/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/classpath_resolver/Map514e3be0bd9511dbc8e00030053fd998/source/com/sap/xi/tf/_WMS_Articles3_MM_.java:61: illegal start of expression public void generateCompleteString(String[] a,ResultList result,Container container){ ^ D:/usr/sap/EXD/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/classpath_resolver/Map514e3be0bd9511dbc8e00030053fd998/source/com/sap/xi/tf/_WMS_Articles3_MM_.java:69: ';' expected ^ 2 errors

Am I missing something?

Thx,

Mattias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

To create a UDF ->

Go to UDF tab and create a UDF( user defined function)

It will popup a window for filling the code . You will have to options to write a function . select the function is with context then add a variable a and paste the code and use this UDf in the mapping between source and target nodes.

Nanda