SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Methods to download the Actual data from SAP to third party software

former_member862468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a scenario where we have to download all the actual data from SAP and upload it to a third party budget software. Basically we have final budgets uploaded into SAP FM but versions of those budgets are in third party software. This frequency will be daily so that they can compare budget data to the Actuals every day. I want to know what are the methods that are their to execute these steps.

I know that we can setup a nightly batch job where the job automatically executes every night, downloads the data to a file in the network path and third party budget software will upload that file via ftp etc.

I want to know any other methods that are more efficient and quicker in doing this process. I am open to suggestions even outside SAP scenario.

Also, Appreciate if someone can throw lite on the tables, function modules for the Actuals data in FM area.

Thanks

Shriya Mathur

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best way would be accessing directly the tables. Actual data for FM is stored in FMIT table (totals) and FMIFIIT table (details). Commitment data - FMIOI. Budgetary data: FMBH, FMBL (header and lines- and FMBDT (totals).

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best way would be accessing directly the tables. Actual data for FM is stored in FMIT table (totals) and FMIFIIT table (details). Commitment data - FMIOI. Budgetary data: FMBH, FMBL (header and lines- and FMBDT (totals).

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Thank you Eli, I thought so that would be ideal way to do it. Though I would use these tables in any other method, I would want to understand if we have any other methods like Batch Job. I am trying to understand the methods of extracting the data to a file automatically every night.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I usually do this using RW reports or query. In your case, you can write a RW report (Tcode GRR1) under library 4FM. Report can be executed directly or scheduled as a batch job. On the selection screen, you can specify output medium (screen / printer / file etc. and you can save it as a varant for batch job to use). If you are familiar with FM tables, you can also use ABAP Query, which is more flexible. Query reports can be run as batch job too and outputs can be directed to a spredsheet (or flat file).

Regards,

Ming

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The methods are numerous, but they are usually defined from the database, rather than from the application (i.e. reports, etc;), if you want to build a solid interface. You have to speak to your BASIS and DBA team: provide them the data, namely tables and SQL statements.

Regards,

Eli