cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The selected structure cannot be displayed" in SOLAR02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to limit access to SPRO to Solman. We are adding a new project, which points to a new system / client. This all works for an older project.

In solar02 when modifying the configuration of a business scenario, if we attempt to add a new object we get a pop up message

The selected structure cannot be displayed"

The roles and profiles appear identical between the systems and clients of the user executing the transaction in the new and the old project. The pop up does not give any additional information. There are no messages in the system log or the developer traces. A search of the error message in SCN and service marketplace yields nothing.

Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas?

Best regards,

Russ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

Check 2 things:

1- Check if the system role in the project is the same in which the IMG Project was created.

2- Check in the IMG project if the whole scope is selected or at least this part of the structure to the IMG scope.

Sorry for the quick guidance, I'm a little bit on a hurry, If you need more info/ screenshots, just let me know

kind regards, Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabricius,

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Yes, some screen shots would be extremely helpful.

Best regards,

Russ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

Here they go

1- For the first recommendation do the following:

• Access your project in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN and check which system role is defined here:

• Then open the project in solar01/solar02 and make sure you're accessing the project in the same system role:

• In case they're different, you may change the one in the project here:

2- For the second recommendation:

• back in solar_project_admin, select the IMG project and press display/edit

If you have the necessary credentials for trusted connection, you should jump to the satellite system in the maintenance screen for the IMG project.

• Then select the option "specify scope"

• Here you must make sure that, at least the desired nodes are selected(in this case I've just selected the whole tree to show)

The Scope in the IMG project defines which Nodes will be available for usage in the project. After selecting the nodes, you must save and generate the IMG project. Check in solar_project_admin if the IMG project is ok (all green)  and test again.

I hope this helps you

kind regards,

Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabricius,

Great screen shots! They let me confirm I'm looking at the right thing.

The first recommendation all checks out.

The second recommendation makes me think we're at different versions of solution manager (I'm at 7.1) In the scope tab with change in effect, there are no buttons for specify scope or generate Project IMG. Since I can't find those buttons, I'm going to compare screens with a functioning project.

Thanks again and best regards,

Russ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

It is pretty much the same thing for both versions. The next screenshots I took from a 7.1 system:

Make sure you're in the scope tab of the IMG project and in the Edit mode.

kind regards,

Fabricius

Answers (0)