Error is thrown  returncode 8

Sreen shot is attached with

Sugantha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does these Z tables exist in the target system of the client copy?

If not , I suggest you put on hold the client copy .

Log in to the source system of client copy , create a workbench type transport request , add the objects as below

R3TR TABL ZCOMM

Add all the affected tables into the transport .

Then release the transport and import into target system. Then in target system , in SE11 check if the tables exist and is active . In SE14 , check the consistency of the runtime object and database object.

Once everything looks fine , resume the client copy again .

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ratnajit.

I have done as you mentioned created the workbench request including those affected tables and imported the transport in the new client and it throws same error

I am new to SAP basis.

Kindly guide me to resolve the issue

Regards

Sugantha

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please execute transaction code se14 in the target system , enter the table name ZCOMM, Then adjust and activate the table. Then check the consistency of the runtime object and database object with the dictionary object. If everything looks fine , check in the database level if the entry for table ZCOMM exist in table DDNTT.

Then you can continue with client import.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Actually the table is not available and hence the contents of the table are not writing into the system

Regards

Sugantha

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you export the table structure using the transport request I asked you to create on the source system. Create a workbench request and add the objects to the request as follows

R3TR TABL ZCOMM

Do it for all the tables . Then release the transport and import the request into target.

Then import the client request.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created the workbench request for those tables and imported the same in target system. But it shows same error. But the thing is i have put TABU instead of TABL.

Now i have created a new request and try to import the same. But while adding teh request itself it is giving error 'addtobuffer'

Pl help to resolve the issue

Regards

Sugantha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Request is included in the target system .

I have already imported the client with warning.

Is it possible to import this request in that client or i have to delte the client and import this request and import the client.

It is appreciated, my doubt is cleared

Regards

Sugantha

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The workbench requests are client independent , moreover the TABL ZCOMM is a repository object, so the import of the transport request containing the table structure can be done in any client.  If you have imported the client with a warning , that should be fine . Just check ZCOMM has same number of entries in source and target client.

You are then good to go .

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have tried to transport the tables and got the above error.

It is showing in se14 but giving not available in the Database.

Help to resolve this is highly  appreciated

Regards

Sugantha

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SE14 , type ZCOMM , try to create the table in the database , then if it fails , check the object log and paste it here.

Can you provide any other details?

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for fast reply. This is the screen shot of SE14, all operations are inactive.

Regards

Sugantha

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check the storage parameters and show the output ?

Also click the object and check .

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for your un-tired follow up

On clicking object log it shows

Regards

Sugantha

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you check in SE11 , if the table ZCOMM exists ?

If yes , try activating the table.

If you face errors , paste the log.

We need to know the reason why the table is not activated .

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is the log

Regards

Sugantha

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't find the log.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry, I didn't paste the log

Regards

Sugantha

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also the data elements and domains are custom objects (Z objects) which are used in the ZCOMM table. These also need to be imported , else the table cannot be activated.

I suggest check  the package in which table ZCOMM is assigned by using SE11(Attributes tab) in source system. Then go to se80 , enter the package name . Then right click the package Select "Write transport entry" . Select all objects of the package . Transport this package to the target system.

Check if you can do that.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you. Done as you explained but transport release was failed. log

Regards

Sugantha

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please ask the ABAP team to activate these objects in the source system , else inactive objects cannot be released within a transport request.

Let me tell you that this has been a long tedious work and generally whenever you export/import clients between systems , it is expected that the systems both the source and target should have the same contents in the ABAP repository . It seems your source and target systems do not have  same repository content . By repository , I mean the ABAP source codes and ABAP dictionary contents. The permanent solution to such a problem would be to refresh the source system data with the target system using a backup/restore method if your RDBMS is same with same version. The client export/import only copies table contents for certain client specific tables and in some cases cross-client table contents depending on the copy profile , but never copies repository content.

This is the reason you are facing issues with every step you are performing.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you very much. The SAP pacth level and oracle are same for source and target system.

Can you please provide the procedure to  refresh the source system data with the target system.

Thank you very much

Regards

Sugantha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you very much.  The Documents are fine.

I will try and get back to you.

Thank you once again as you have guided me very well to locate the problem.

Regards

Sugantha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209924
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please take a look at the following SAP Notes and the Link.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1394038

Ravi