Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Batch nomenclature during ATP check

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to know which batch is being promised during ATP check ?

The requirement is to control the confirmations based on specific filteration criteria of the batch nomenclature.

example :- if batch is ABC1 or ABC2 then allow to confirm, if its ABC3 cancel confirmations.

Is there any BADI/exit where this information can be handled, may be at the end of the ATP check ?

Regards,

RS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi YR

Could you please provide how you have solved this. I have a similar requirement here. Please see below.

Can you please provide what are the setting required to achieve this?

Is possible in GATP to check on a specific batch characteristic?

For example:

Sales order:  Customer request SKU A (1000KG) with quality profile with a specific characteristic e.g. Water content need to be between 110 and 130 ppm.

Production manufacture the SKU A with quality profile Water content between 80 and 160. Production is completed and goods are on hand.

Stock on hand of the SKU A

250 KG Batch 1 -> Water content 85 ppm

250 KG Batch 2 -> Water content 120 ppm

250 KG Batch 3 -> Water content 140 ppm

250 KG Batch 4 -> Water content 115 ppm

250 KG Batch 5 -> Water content 122 ppm

250 KG Batch 6 -> Water content 117 ppm

Is it possible that GATP runs this check on order entry ?

1000 KG SKU A required, GATP is searching and finds 250KG batch 2, 250KG batch 4, 250KG batch 5, 250KG batch 6.

Does standard GATP provide this functionality ? If yes, how does it support this business process

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasnop,

You have to use variant configuration (with CDP schema - characteristic dependent planning).

Basically it falls under make to order scenario with use of variant configuration.

From the example that you have mentioned the mapping looks complex on the definition of characteristics value front (like using range instead of absolute values)

You will find the detailed information on CDP on help.sap.

Hope this helps .

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

RS,

I don't know why you would want to use an enhancement, this is standard functionality.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/4c/642661045f4b55e10000000a42189e/frameset.htm

Best regards,

DB49

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

HI DB49,

I would like to use the enhancement because the confirmation should happen only for batches which are of say 1st grade. The confirmation should not take place based on 2nd grade (quality). This differentiation is captured in the batch nomenclature. The stock should not be committed for the 2nd quality batches of the product.

Regards,

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RS,

DB49 is right. This is standard functionality and you would not need to use any enhancement or user-exit.

Simply create a characteristic let's say QUALITY within your batch class. During batch creation you evaluate the characteristic accordingly.

If you are doing an ATP check during sales order creation for example, you can specify batch selection criteria during order creation. Here you could evaluate this characteristics with these kinds of quality values which you allow to be used to cover the demand of the sales order. You can specify single values or value ranges depending on your requirements.

During characteristic based ATP only the receipt elements which match the characteristic evaluation of the batch selection criteria are used for confirmation.

Best regards,

Anke

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anke,

The scenario is not CDP so the sales order will not contan any characteristics.  So I would like to know if in such scenario how the requirement can be met.

Regards,

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

RS,

If your only requirement is to exclude certain batches from all ATPs, then you should consider moving these batches to stock category "S - blocked stock". ERP MB1B movement 344.  Exclude these stocks from your Product check.

Best regards,

DB49

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

The requirement in more depth than what I have explained. What I have explained is the final line of action required to meet the requirements.

So reading which batch is getting selected during ATP check is an important aspect which will control the final confirmations.

Would like to get your insights in this.

Regards,

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

YR,

As much as I love playing guessing games, I will decline to add anything else. My original suggestion is a standard solution that will meet all requirements you have posted to date.  Including your addendum about CDP.

For info about how to implement enhancement solutions (which appears to be your goal) I suggest you post your question in an ABAP forum.  Or, perhaps one of the other experts in this forum may propose alternatives.....

Best Regards & Good Luck,

DB49