SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generic article

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Guru:

1.if I set my material as generic article, that's mean I have to use variant?

2.if I use generic, how can I know how many stock for each variant, for example, how many stocks for color blue?

which menu to see this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member189773
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mandy,

Generic articles will have variants. for eg: if you have color and size as your variant creating characteristics, let us say you have two colours (Red, blue) and two sizes (S,M) then it means that U can have 4 variants under that generic article. Red/S, Red/M, Blue/S, Blue/M.

Each variant will have its own article number hence their own article masters. if 1000 is the generic article then your variants will be having numbers like 1000001,1000002,1000003 etc.

Goto MM42, in the basic data tab click Variants button. you can see the variants for that article and also its numbers.

You can use RWBE Tcode to see the stock for each variant.

Best,

Vikram

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

former_member189773
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mandy,

Generic articles will have variants. for eg: if you have color and size as your variant creating characteristics, let us say you have two colours (Red, blue) and two sizes (S,M) then it means that U can have 4 variants under that generic article. Red/S, Red/M, Blue/S, Blue/M.

Each variant will have its own article number hence their own article masters. if 1000 is the generic article then your variants will be having numbers like 1000001,1000002,1000003 etc.

Goto MM42, in the basic data tab click Variants button. you can see the variants for that article and also its numbers.

You can use RWBE Tcode to see the stock for each variant.

Best,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hello Vikram:

do you have step by step to create generic material like how to set up variant and so on.

0 Kudos

Hi Mandy,

Go to MM41 screen, enter article type, Merchandise category under which you want to create the article, and select the article category as Generic article.Enter details for areas of validity.

Once you have entered all the details, select all the views and press enter.

This will take you to the screen to select the characteristics profile to choose for the article. Characteristics profile is nothing but a grouping of characteristics. for eg: ( color and size)

Once you have selected the Char. profile you will be taken to Characteristics value assignment screen where you can select values for the characteristics. For eg: There may be 20 values (red,yellow,orange etc.) under "Color". you can select whatever color you need for that article. same applies to size.

Once you have selected required char. values, Press Back button.

You will land up in a screen that will have a matrix to select the combination to create variant.eg: Red/32, Blue/34 etc. Once you check the relevant boxes you can press back button.

You will now land up in Basic view of the artcile master of your Generic article. You can press the variants tab in the basic view to see the list of variants under the main article.

Best ,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hello Vikram:

I have done

1. WG21 create merchandise group

2. CT04  create characteristic

3. CLWE create characteristic profile

4.  what can I tell the system that it is variant ? and what the next step before create generic material please>

0 Kudos

Just to add few points, Charatacteristic can be added in Merchandise Category  or in characteristic profile.

If characteristic profile used,it is assigned to Merchandise category.

At the time of creation of article from MM41, based on merchandise catgory it will promt to to choose the aplicable characteristics. It like matrix based on characteristics.

based on matrix combination it will create generi and varainat artilces.

0 Kudos

Hi Mandy,

I hope you assigned the Merchandise category to the Merchandise category hierarchy and char profile to the Merchandise category. In CLWF T-code just check whether you have set the relevancy Indicator to 2. once you go to CLWF- change char profile , enter the char. profile you created. then go to Char. tab where you have entered the characteristics.

For each characterisitic like color , size (which you think is variant creating char.) set the relevancy indicator as 2 (Last but one column). Once you have done this you can start creating the articles as I said above.

Best,

Vikram