cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export HANA objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have created Tables, Procedures and Analytical View in one schema.

The procedures are creates using SQL not by using New >> Procedure option in Content.

So the procedures are appearing under Catalog >> Schema Name >> Procedures and not under Content >> Package Name >> Procedures.

Now I want to export these objects (Tables, Procedures and Analytical View) and import in new system.

When I use Export & Import by Delivery Unit, it is only exporting / Importing Analytical View.

There is option to export only Tables which I can use to Export / Import Tables

But how can I Export/Import Procedures ? Is there any way to export/Import all the objects in single file?

Regards

Sagar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

The Procedures will appear under Schema objects. You can double click on the procedure and get the procedure code. You can copy and paste the code to the file. This will work if you have less numbers of procedures.

I can also check if there are other ways of getting the procedure code.

Regards,

Ravi

maggie_yi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi, Ravi

I'm puzzling with the same question: How to export/import procedure?

Have you got other ways?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Maggie.

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maggie,

Apologies for the delayed reply. I am quite occupied with my project activities and could not get time to find the alternative.

Did you try selecting all the procedures and trying IMPORT / EXPORT option. Unfortunately I do not have admin privs to try it out myself.

Regards,

Ravi

maggie_yi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi, Ravi

Thanks for your reply.

It works fine^_^

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Maggie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had HANA Studio version 31, the export procedure option was not available in version 31.

I have upgraded it to latest version 36 and not the option is available to export procedure.

Regards

Sagar

maggie_yi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi, Sagar

You meant that the export option was still not available in version 36?

Could you please attach your screen shot?

Regards,

Maggie.

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maggie,

I think what Sagar meant is:

I have upgraded it to latest version 36 and not now the option is available to export procedure.

Sagar, can you please confirm this ?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You are rignt, after upgrade to version 36 , the export option is available. But There are some more issues with HANA studio...

1. I can not import contents, Finish button is disabled

2. Every time I open HANA Studio, I get error that System can not be connected and I need to delete and add system each time

I have upgraded HANA client and Studio to latest version 37, but still the same issuees exist.

Regards

Sagar

maggie_yi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi, Sagar

Have you tried to use user 'SYSTEM' to export/import?

Regards,

Maggie

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sagar:

I had a similar issue in AWS instance. After I shutdown my entire server and did a restart. The issue was resolved where adding the system again was not needed anymore.

On the import feature - try using system user to see whether you have missing auth / security settings.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rama