cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Customs Import Declaration document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I'm facing issue in Customs Import Declaration document.

The above said document is not getting generated in GTS after posting GR in ECC.

Kindly help me in this issue.

Thanks

S.Balaji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To have the Declaration created automatically when the GR is posted, set the check-box in the Activity Sequence, and ensure that you have configured the Activity Sequence determination.

It's more usual to use the work-list for creating Customs Declarations after Goods Receipt; then you can make business-based decisions on how you want the Declarations created - such as choosing the destination procedure, or combining GR items in a single Declaration.

Hope that helps,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Dave.

Balaji and I are working on the same GTS project. Client requirement is to be able to create export as well as import declarations automatically in GTS. We are able to create export decl but still having issues in import decl. getting automatically triggered off GR.

I have changed the setting for activity sequence. The Legal regulation is assigned the correct process template and within this process template and process (import - free circulation), the activity sequence has the check box 'Automatic creation of customs declaration' set. This activity sequence determination is also in place.

I can see that the GR document is showing up in GTS worklist and in SLG1 there is no error log. Any other pointers please?

Regards

Amit

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit / Balaji,

Sorry to hear that you're having problems.  To be honest, I think you're one of the few - perhaps the only - to try this functionality.

I had a quick look at the code, and found one odd thing; you need to make sure that a valid Authorisation exists for the Destination Procedure (presumably, "Import to Free-circulation").  That should only be needed if the Activity is marked as "Simplified" in the configuration, but actually it's hard-coded (perhaps an OSS message would be appropriate?).

I would also suggest that you make TWO entries for the Activity Sequence determination; one with, and one without, the Authorisation (Licence) type, since I can't be sure about how the entry is determined.

If the Authorisation is in place, also make sure that the definition of the Document Type that is assigned to the intended Activity Sequence includes an Item Category - usually 'CLPOS'.  Then, provided not more than one Transit movement has been involved before the Goods Receipt, the declaration should be created.

Good luck,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave

Thanks for the details. Had a re-look at all the points you mentioned. Authorisation was missing and we added that piece too but that is configured for the legal regulation (not sure about your comment about authorisation existing for the destination procedure). Still having issues with creating import declaration. Can you please clarify the last point you made: 'provided not more than one Transit movement has been involved before the Goods Receipt, the declaration should be created.' In ECC, inbound delivery was created for the PO line item.

Interestingly, I tried to create Import declaration after the GR manually from the worklist and found that I am unable to do so because of error related to safekeeping. Probably this is why the automatic creation is failing. I already have the safekeeping method config maintained in ECC (for the shipping/receiving point). Would you know any other piece that is missing from 'safekeeping' perspective? The inbound delivery has the Preliminary Document" type & number in the FT header data. GR shows up in GTS worklist.

Is there any other transit processing required in the GTS side?

Regards

Amit