cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FI CO fresher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have exposure in finance field starting from journal entry to finalisation of accounts for 9+ years. I have SAP exposure as core team member or power user for 1 year. I am looking for career in SAP as FI CO consultant.

What are the opportunities available before certification and what changes in career that SAP FICO certification can bring.

Regards,

Himanshu Mehta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Himansu

you have lot of domain experience. from now if you take certification course then it will help you more to get a job in any IT company.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arnold,

I need a little help from you regarding SAP FI. I have a IT experience but not in SAP field. I have bachelors of Science in Information Technology and got admission in MBA in ERP. I am interested in SAP FI and have started preparing for it. From where I can get the material for it. I have SAP FI manual (how to configure) but I need the material to understand first the basic knowledge of it. I mean I need theoretical material to understand everything before moving to configuration.

Thanks,

Ejaz G

former_member51282
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ejaz,

I hope I can help there. The best thing for you to do would be to purchase an Asocciate Certification preparation package which contains all relevant training manuals and certification relevant information for Financials.

There is a certification preparation package for Financial Accounting:

https://training.sap.com/bundles/bundle/i2010-Associate-Financial-Accounting-Package

and one for Management Accounting:

https://training.sap.com/bundles/bundle/i2010-associate-management-accounting-package

If you let me know which country you are based in I can give you the correct SAP Education contacts in order to provide you with pricing information and complete the purchase.

Good luck with your endeavours!

Regards,

Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Arnold,

I live in California, USA. I need a life time golden words from the experience you have in SAP for fresher like me to start. I believe smart study is better than studying all stuff, I don't mean studying less, But i am really very thankful to you for helping and guiding me in a right direction,

Regards,

Ejaz

former_member51282
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ejaz,

thanks for your appreciation!

You are right when it comes to starting off with SAP you have to really focus on what's critical vs. nice to know as otherwise you may be overwhelmed with the amount of knowledge. But leveraging the SCN community will surely help you in understanding what some of the key topics are and additionally get some guidance on where to start.

Additionally have a look at the link above where you will find the certification exams for Financials. The job profiles and competency areas found within the certification descriptions are a good measure for orientation as to what's critical in the market when it comes to SAP knowledge.

Good luck,

Arnold

former_member51282
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ps forgot to mention - you can reach out to our Education colleagues in the US for further assistance:;

education.northamerica@sap.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Really thank you very much,

Arnold you know if you get a right direction to move to reach to your destination than you cross all hurdles comes on your way because you know you will reach to your destination. so thanks for all the help, May God bless you,

Ejaz

former_member51282
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Himanshu,

you may want to check through the SCN career center what's available or post your resume there if you are looking for career opportunities in your area.

http://scncareercenter.jobtarget.com/home/home.cfm?site_id=8446

For FI CO relevant training to help you prepare for SAP Financials Controlling certifications you can check on this site:

https://training.sap.com/us/en/curriculum/fin_05_fi_acc_sol_us-solution-consultant-financials-financ...

Maybe someone else in the community would like to expand with further ideas.

Good luck,

Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Arnold,

Can you share any dummy or sample project on FICO implementation?

my mail id is hn.mehta4u@gmail.com

Regards,

Himanshu Mehta