cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work processes do not start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am running SAP Web AS 6.20 with SAP DB 7.30. The system is running on the original kernal with no updates made to the system other than the first 13 BASIS support packs. I was in the process of putting BASIS support pack 14 on the system when it froze up and stopped processing. I tried to open another session so that I could cancel the current process and try starting again, but as soon as I attempted to log in to the new session the system went into a "dialog queue standstill". Since then, I cannot get the Web AS to start up. This happened once before during a client copy on a different system running the same setup (web as 6.20 and sap db 7.30). The work processes are in status "ended" and start "no" with 1 error. If I follow a developer trade of the work processes I notice the following:

M Entering TH_CALLHOOKS

M ThCallHooks: call hook >ThrSaveSPAFields< for event BEFORE_DUMP

M *** ERROR => ThrSaveSPAFields: no valid thr_wpadm [thxxrun1.c 672]

M *** ERROR => ThCallHooks: event handler ThrSaveSPAFields for event BEFORE_DUMP failed [thxxtool3.c 235]

M Entering ThSetStatError

M Entering ThReadDetachMode

M call ThrShutDown (1)...

M ***LOG Q02=> wp_halt, WPStop (Workproc 0 1992) [dpnttool.c 346]

I searched those errors on the SAP Service Marketplace and found several posts on very similar topics relating to Oracle, and changing environment variables. The solutions did not work. I also read that a kernal patch will fix this problem. That did not work either. I tried logging into the database through dbmcli in command prompt and was successful, however I could not run many commands because the db state was not "db_warm" and I am having a very hard time getting it out of "db_cold". If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not familiar with SAPDB, but it appears from your post that the problem could be with the db itself. Is your database able to write archive logs ( Oracle equivalent would be that saparch should not be full ). Is there enough room in your tablespaces and table extents? If you look in your database alert log, it should give you a hint as to what might be wrong. I would make sure that the db is up and running fine, before looking at SAP.

Not sure if this helps.

Regards, Sanket