cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurator without Order Quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need to go to configurator without entering order quantity. Is it possible or please suggest the right way?

For example; As soon as I enter the product code in the sales order line item, variant configuration window should open. Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adithya,

As explained in the other thread . It is not possible in standard. You will see , you get error message V1360 if you dont enter the quantity. Error is not customisable and it wont proceed to VC. generally VC module is called by FM CE_C_PROCESSING so you can see how the system works.

The only option is to use user exit or modify the standard.

Check is done in FM CE_C_PROCESSING (INCLUDE LCUKOU63)

*         with BOM explosion

ELSEIF gs_profile_root-stldy IS INITIAL AND

sdcom-menge IS INITIAL AND

loc_type    EQ d_process_sales AND

owner_id    NE 'AFPO'  AND

owner_id    NE 'RESB'.

RAISE no_quantity. <<<

It is coded in the program and therefore cannot be changed. You will need to have the quantity otherwise change the code.

Regards

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amber, we will try to change the code, because we have to do this.

Regards

Adithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amber

Can you please let me know which User-Exit can be used for this?

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya,

Its a program error from SD as sales order quantity is a mandatory field and you cant avoide it.

If you explain some more details of business process behind such request , any work around could be suggested.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritesh,

I need to do this because, my customer is a US customer and they are used in the legacy system with all default values, drop down menus, etc. They want to avoid mistake during order entry.  It is very difficult to convince them.  They just want values as a drop down so that they can just select. What I have done is convinced them to select from the configurator so that I can bring the selected value into the line item, so I have created a reference characteristic as QUANTITY and given all standard quantities for a product as values, but they want the configurator to appear as soon as the product code is entered.  To acheive this a lot of workaround should happen.

I am thinking of going according to Amber's suggestion, let me know if you have any other ideas of achieving this.

Regards

Adithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adithya,

Generally , we do not recommed changing the standard code, so the better option would be to have a default value via the exit I mentioned but you do not have any other choicse then you can go ahead with the code changes as there is no other way to skip the error. It is hard coded. Please do a thorough testing before you move it to your production system.

Regards

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

I shall let you know what we did by EOD and take your suggestion again.

Regards

Adithya

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Adithya for the details behind requirement.

What i think is you should convienced your customer to use standard SAP as far as possible so that he can use all features without a intruption of known errors, once you Go Ahead with changes in standard program you never know when you will end up in a inconsitance.

Training user in creation of sales order following few baisc steps is lot easy then creating a custom function with lots of efforts and money and it also result in heavy maintainance cost in future with every upgarde and rolls outs.

your customer must have change over to SAP to use the beauty of this world class ERP ,  now by changing to have same feature like on old legacy they will loose the ultimate benifit.

after checking your requirement 2 things comes in my mind.

1) there is a minimum order quantity and maximum order quantity , as well as delivery uint fields in material master which can be used force user should select quantity in multiple of 10 or 100's etc

2) you can use screen varients for transaction VA01 and default order quantity as 1 which is not visible on initial screen by hiding the quantity field, then in configuration tab when user will select quantity , this quantity will over write the erlier defaulted value of 1 in sales order quantity field.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ritesh

I am checking for screen variants and also usage of an exit. I shall let you know the result by Tuesday.

Regards

Adithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh/Amber

Thanks for all your support. We have acheived this with the use of a User-Exit. Now, as soon as the product code is entered and if you hit Enter, configurator will open and the quantity entered there is getting updated in the sales order line item because of table and field referencing.

More to come, require your help. I am closing this thread.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya