cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scope of work in SAP Portal for SAP MDM Upgrade from 5.5 to 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on SAP MDM Upgrade from 5.5 to 7.1. Please let me know what are the scopes I need to follow from Portal side.

Thanks,

Raja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

depend what you have in the portal for the mdm

install new business package for mdm7.1

deploy new java lib

if no portal upgrade, there should not be too much portal task.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

MDM is upgraded from 5.5 to 7.1 but Portal is EP7.0.

Presently the application is running in the portal having some standard MDM iviews and some of custom webdynpro iviews.

For this standard iviews the only change is required in iview property for MDM7.1 version.Is it right or  more changes required.

But for webdynpro application the MDM 5.5 API is used. Do I need to change the API to 7.1 version to run on 7.1 MDM server or existing 5.5 MDM API will run on 7.1?

Actually first we want to see that existing application which is running on 5.5 will run on 7.1 without any major changes or not. If it runs then gradually we will move for second part which is usage of functionalities of 7.1.

Thanks,

Raja

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think java api is backward compatible, the way how to get the mdm connection changed a little bit. for other part, you should be ok,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I think you could face few issues with Java APIs as many old classes have been deprecated.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

I am getting error with connection.

error - Can not authenticate repository session....

Could you please send some code snippets related to Connection with MDM7.1.

Thanks,

Avik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello raja,

You need to check the Product Availability Matrix for the version compatability.

and all the upgrate related queries.

Regards,

Abhishek