cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optional Prompts Not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I created a new BO Universe and the Source is SAP 7.0. There are some Prompts created at the BW/Bex side and when they get imported into the BO universe it does not look right. There are around 20 Optional prompts created based on the BW filters.

Questions

1. All the 20 Optional prompts do not work at all when i try to use it as Filter.

Ex: When i use a SAP BW filter for a location say 123 it gets back me all the locations instead of 123.

2.I noticed that the filters imported into BO are corrupted. When we researched with the SAP BW team they said that any filter which has more than 8 characters are showing up as corrupt in BO.  Here is an example. You can see that where it should show as filter key = Session Id it shows as [!V000004]

Ex:<OPTIONAL><FILTER KEY="[!V000004]"><CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="InList"><CONSTANT TECH_NAME="@Prompt('Session ID','A','Session ID\LovSession IDBase',multi,primary_key)"/></CONDITION></FILTER></OPTIONAL>

Here is the BO Environment details: BOE XI 3.1 SP3 FP 3.6 and SAP Integration kit XI 3.1 SP3 and FP 3.6

Any inputs are really appreciated.

Ashwin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the "[!V000004]" reference indicates that this filter comes from a Bex variable in a bex query.

unless the syntax has been modified manually in the MDX universe itself, these shouldn't be 'corrupting' .

You could check for known-issues in the final  Fix Pack 3.8 for your codeline  (Note 1727707 - XI 3.1 FixPack 3.8 Release Notes)   and also check the readme files for the actively maintained codelins (SP04->FP4.x  and/or SP05->FP5.x)

You need to have the latest Integration kit Transports imported into the BW (in-line with the installed FP level), and FYI  most XI3.1 customers are using BW 7.01 in the SP08 - SP10+ range.  (BW7.00 doesn't benefit from recommended optimizations)

regards,

H