cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST03N statistics on RFC traffic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to analyse some performance issue on the SAP-system.

The followings flow is in place:

External system A calls SAP, SAP in it's turn calls other external system B, the result from external system B is returned to external system A again via SAP. It is a request/reply service.

The processing time increases during stress testing, this is clearly visible on the external system A. When analysing the results in SAP via ST03N, lot's of data is aggregated and we only see average response time, and some examples with good response times.

I have the feeling that SAP is accepting a lot of calls from external system A, but SAP has to wait a long time for the results from system B.

Where in ST03N or any other transaction can we find long waiting time or details of specific RFC calls?

Just one example:

- in ST03N we go to RFC server (SAP is server and is called by external system A). When going to the details of the RFC call, we find 1088 calls from external system A to SAP, but when double clicking on the 1088 calls we only see 4 or 5 conversation id's with good performance. I am missing the details of the other 1080 calls.

Resume of my questions:

- where in SAP can you find details of bulk calls from external systems

- where in SAP can you see the peak (min, max) instead of averages

Thanks for the help!!

Walter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

xymanuel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

try to use Transaction STAD.

Select a Transaction to analyse it.

Scroll down to "Remote Function Calls".

Click on the part you want to see "Client" or "Server", green Background.

In the new Window, you will find all 62 RFC Calls (screenshot), which were done during this Transaction.

In the resultoverview, you can use the selective Fields button, to show the RFC Column.

Regards

Manuel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked Wily Introscope, It gives nice Max/Min depiction in a graphical view.

Also the Max/Min can be found in Workload Analysis workcenter in Solman system. However, I dont remember if it gives the RFC profiles, worth taking a look though.

The EarlyWatch report, as far as I remember gives you an average aggregated RFC workload profile, but its a weekly data.

Regards,

Samik