cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver license

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP Netweaver and would like to know few basic points about it.

Does SAP sell this as a separate product or is this bundled?

For integration with other products like Siebel or Oracle, what kind of adapters does it have OR Do we need to write these adapters?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

> Does SAP sell this as a separate product or is this

> bundled?

SAP NetWeaver is a product you can buy.

> For integration with other products like Siebel or

> Oracle, what kind of adapters does it have OR Do we

> need to write these adapters?

Please read this slideshow:

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/adapter%20framework%20and%20adapter%20strategy.pdf">Adapter Framework and Adapter Strategy</a>

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

Thanks for the information. So do I need to buy Netweaver seperately or can i get it if I buy an standard R/3 products.

If its available as an independent component, For an existing SAP client, what is the price-tag to buy this product?

My assumption was that this is a bundled product and would be available as a upgrade for a existing SAP client.

Please clarify.

Himabindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hima,

If we talk about NW '04, then it is bundled with mySAP ERP and other mySAP Business suite. Existing R3 customers will not have the option to upgrade (in literal sense) to NW '04. They will need to migrate to mySAP ERP in order to get NW '04. I am not sure about the strategy on other applications.

This is not a very good explaination but thought it might help.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Himabindu,

SAP NetWeaver is a product you can buy and develop on. With R/3 there comes no NetWeaver, because R/3 is older then NetWeaver and there will be no more R/3 versions. However, there will be SAP ERP versions based on NetWeaver that you can buy and which come with NetWeaver, as this is the technology all SAP software is based on.

Nevertheless, such bundlings may not contain the right to develop your own software on top of that version of NetWeaver you get.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are planning to purchase SAP Business one for implementation of FI/CO. Recently we got quotation from SAP that for one developer key its 14,800 Singapore Dollars + Annual maintenance charge .

I am wondering is that the cost for only one Installation (i,e DEV of ERP2005 ).

If this is the case how about the for Quality and Production system ?

We are also planning to have BI, XI and WebDynpro Servers for internal learning. How can i plan the cost for these?

Kindly guide me how can i go ahead??

Regards

Kam

Edited by: kamal on Mar 7, 2008 3:34 AM

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kamal,

prices are nothing you can discuss here, as they are different for diverse countries and individually handled for each customer. So please talk to your local SAP representative if you want to know about prices.

By the Way: Business One is not a NetWeaver product. So don't expect to get all the NetWeaver parts with it (again, this is in the scope of the handling of your country, so you should ask if there is really NetWeaver in the thing you want to buy).

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Benny,

Thanks for the reply.

My query is basically to know about licensing.

The quototation i received from SAP is based on Developer key license.

If i dont buy developer key license still can i use the system with no charge?

Kindly request you to help me in getting more info about this....

Thanks & Regards

Kamal

Answers (0)