Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing SAP Note 1655599.

former_member184739
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I want to implemet a SAP note 1655599(Manully)  - FPM search comp: Initial search data not displayed.In note its instructed like below.

Set a parameter IS_INITIAL_VALUE_EVALUATED to ABAP_TRUE for the search criterion with the value preassignment CT_FPM_SEARCH_CRITERIA.

Q1.  Is it correct to add a paramter IS_INITIAL_VALUE_EVALUATED in method get_data of interfaceIF_FPM_GUIBB_SEARCH  with default value as ABAP_TRUE.

Q2 . Value preassignment as CT_FPM_SEARCH_CRITERIA.Please explain this?

Q3. This is a standard interface so do we accomplish these changes.

Kindly advise.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

J_R
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Prabaharan,

the English translation of note 1655599 is incorrect and misleading. I will inform my colleague to rework the note and retrigger the translation. Regarding your questions:

ad Q1. No, you don't have to add a parameter IS_INITIAL_VALUE_EVALUATED to method IF_FPM_GUIBB_SEARCH->GET_DATA. The indicator IS_INITIAL_VALUE_EVALUATED should already be part of the line structure FPMGB_S_SEARCH_CRITERIA of the changing parameter CT_FPM_SEARCH_CRITERIA of that method. If you do not apply the note to your system you should set this indicator to the value 'X' in method GET_DATA for all search criteria for which a default value should be shown when starting the application (see also the answer to your question Q2).

ad Q2. You can assign a default value to a search criterion which should be shown when showing the search the first time. But the problem was that such a "pre-assigned" value was not shown on the UI. Note 1655599 should solve this problem.

ad Q3. Please do not change the feeder standard interface!