cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to go back to caller program after triggering a popup?

siongchao_ng
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i make a custom view as a popup view to ask user to input a value from a dropdown box and needs to go back to caller program to further process the input value.

Problem: My caller program runs everything and then only the popup box appear. After popup box appear and user select a value from the dropdown box on the popup, program ends. I need to be able to go back to the caller program method or be able to call the program any method.

In one my caller program method: I uses the standard way of trigger my popup.

referred to this link for typical triggering popup http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80f4114d-00a3-2e10-58ae-ea699d11c...

Anyone have any idea?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

m_aravindan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siong,

After  the popup appears , User will be provide with yes or no else cancel or ok button.

As the link given by above shows about subscribe to button event.

So you can create two methods yes or no  else cancel or ok .

If user chooses yes , that method will get triggered.

else if he chooses no , that method will get triggered.

Regards

Aravindan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siong,

I think you should create inbond and out bound plugs in between caller view and popup view. And while subscribing button event you are specifying action_name = 'ACT_YES'. So you just create new action 'ACT_YES' in the action tab of view used for popup. then OnAction method for button yes will be created automatically when you create new action. In this method , fire the out bound plug to go to caller  view.

Thaks

Santosh.