cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SOAP receiver channel - HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

my scenario is IDOC-->PI<--> WS (using SOAP)

When trigger the request message on the on URL of the WS using the SOAP receiver communication channel, I'm getting the following error in CC monitoring as below.

ErrorException caught by adapter framework: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/HTTP/ADAPTER.HTTP_EXCEPTION - HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
ErrorDelivery of the message to the application using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/HTTP/ADAPTER.HTTP_EXCEPTION - HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

So please let me know, what could be the possible reasons for the above error and its best resolution.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Nagendar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendar,

The "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error" appears when the endpoint can't deal correctly with the incoming message, ought to a logic error.

There are several reasons that can produce this error, the most common is when you are sending a SOAP message with a payload that doesn't correspond with its scheme. For example a date tag expected with incorrect format. Sometimes wiht SOAPUi you can obtain an exception more detailed in order to deal with error.

For the resolution:

1. The webservice provider should to send you an schema in order to validate your outcoming message.

2. Try with the  SOAPui to get a succesfully call, at first with the easier message that you can construct. Pay attention if the exception gives to you a better explanation about the problem, for example with the name of the tag.

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendar,

assumedly the logon to the web server was succesful, but the given path does not exist. You can check that if you consume the service with for example SOAP UI or XML Spy. The correct path (URL) should be inside the wsdl.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagender,

you can use tcpgw to check the exact response you are receiving from the webservice.

Thanks,

Goutham