Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free goods using Sale order BOM methodology

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

In my company management wants to sell goods with FOC bundle schemes like A DVD, Home Theater and 3D Glasses will be given as FOC with LED TV. In SAP terms there will be three materials FOC (TANN) with one main item material (TAN). But standard SAP system supports only one one ratio. One material FOC against one material. We can only play with quantity but not with number of materials.But my requirement is not to play with quantity. It will always be 1:1:1. We want to play with materials. For instance 3 materials FOC against one. 4 materials FOC against 4.

Now I have a solution for this and I have tested this in DEV client. I have done following steps to configure this.

• Changed item category settings (TAN) like in below screen in VOV7.

• Created sale order BOM using CS01 and gave LED material as main item and DVD, Home theater and 3D Glasses materials as components.
  • Assigned item categories like Item Category group NORM higher level item TAN sub item TANN.
  • Created sale order of main item and system automatically determined materials like in below screen.

Now I just want to know that is it ok what I did? Is there anything I have done wrong or missed?

2ndly I want to make TANN items in display mode. No use can change material, quantity or store if item category is TANN in this or any other process. Is there any way to make one item category in display mode?

Experts opinions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam Ali,

Our Client also having same requirement of 2 items are free with 1 item and i followed same BOM concept of changing item category setting to get free of chage.

It is determining the components but components quantity is not determining proportionate to header material qty.

For ex if order quantity of header material is given 1 then component materials also determining and quantity detemining as 1:1 for other 2 items But

If I given header material  qty as 10 then also component materials qty is determing as 1:1

Where to make these settings to determine the components quantity proportionate to header quantity.

Thanks in advance.

Venkat.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata

When we create Sales BOM we also give component quantity in BOM. Now when you create sale order for this BOM and when this BOM explodes it automatically changes the component quantity with respect to higher level item's quantity. You can check in below screen shots. I have done material and quantity fields in display mode so that user can't change quantity and material of sub items because in standard BOM usage user can change them.

If still you need help please ask your question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you searched this on google? I hope you will find some help from there. If you didnt find then please raise a new thread and don't reply on one year old thread. Give reference link and open new thread but search in google first.

Thank$

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No use can change material, quantity or store if item category is TANN in this or any other process. 

1. Check in standard BOM can the sub item information be changed?

I have done some tests, in BOM the sub-item can be changed in standard SAP.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

Thanks for your valuable inputs and sorry for late reply due to Eid Vacations.

Dear Lakshmipathi jee I was looking for some standard solution for this but there is not then I will go for user exit MV45AFZZ. I will sitt with my ABAPER and write some logic for restricting change in line item where line item = TANN.

Dear TW

I have also tested all these sceanrios and found nothing wrong. Thats why I was wondering that why people always say that SAP cannot catter free goods when there are more then one free goods.

Pricing in my scenario is either B or X. Because this item is not relevant for billing.

Return process is also fine. Sale return RE is created with reference to order and RENN item has been used for TANN which is also not relevant for billing.

If there is nothing wrong with all this configuration and scenarios then I think I should go for this because we are launching new products in market with bundle offers and rather we create separate FOC orders we can control this with this logic. Do you agree with me experts?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now I just want to know that is it ok what I did? Is there anything I have done wrong or missed?

2ndly I want to make TANN items in display mode. No use can change material,

What you have done is OK.

1. Check in standard BOM can the sub item information be changed?

2. With your configuration make a list of important points and check / test them -

E.g.

Pricing

Billing relevance

Inventory accounting of subitem (movement type for sub item)

What is the expected behavior when return process is carried out

etc.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any way to make one item category in display mode?

Check this thread where similar requirement has been discussed.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ali,

Please let me know if you are able to complete the cycle from Sales order--> Delivery-->Invoice-->Accounting with expected results.

Since I am also looking for such scenario.

Regards,

Phunsuk

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM Ali,

Please read this link Freegood determination limitation which say BOM is not supported in Free good determination

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/Free+Goods+Determination

And if you using BOM then the you can use ERLA item category Group in material master

and your item catagory will be TAQ and sub item will be TAE

In my opinion you just create a material BOM and sale the Free goods is not needed

Any further any clarification let me know hope it will help you out

Regards

Ramesh

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply but I know item categories of BOM and free goods etc. I am just changing some configuration to meet my requirement of free goods which is more than one materials will be FOC against one main material. Standard free goods VBN1 doesn't support this.

Any idea to change item category TANN in display mode?

Please give your suggestion and input regarding my scenario and requirement.

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moazza,

Please look into it

Free goods not supported BOM

Free goods are not supported in combinations with material structures (for example, product selection, BOM, variants with BOM explosion)

this is taken from below link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/Free+Goods+Determination

Regards

Ramesh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

The business requirement is as follows:

If customer buys 1 LED TV, he/she shall get DVD, Home theater and 3D Glasses free of charge.

This can be done with BOM and configuration settings in item category (pricing, billing relevance etc.).

If you would not suggest the above, then please give your reasons.

Just saying "Free goods not supported BOM" is not sufficient.