Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TeraData Database connection

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are trying to connect to TeraData system using SAP PI.

we are getting below mentioed error in CC monitor:

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:teradata://<server name>.com:1025' using the JDBC driver 'com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:teradata://<server name>.com:1025': ClassNotFoundException: com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver'

we followed the steps mentioned in this document: http://developer.teradata.com/doc/connectivity/jdbc/reference/current/SAP.html for deploying the jar files.

but  we did not create the DataSource.

Can you please tell me what is going wrong over here. do i need to try redeploy the jar files inside the system?

Regards,

prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is PI version? It seems though deployment is done without any errors but it is not done properly.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>ClassNotFoundException: com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver'

This shows that your jar file is not an appropriate one. Remember JDBC drivers are java version based. If you use PI 7.0 then you will be running Jdk 1.4 and so choose TeraData drivers that support only jdk 1.4.   In summary choose the TeraData drivers that work on PI server jdk version. 

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

The problem got rectified. to my horror. the .jar files were getting corrupted when downloaded to windows based system or even sent via mail and this was the issue... and i did not bother to double check it before deployment.

i opened the jar deployed in server and wow the class files were corrupted...

used unix machin to download & deploy the jar files into the system it worked perfect

@Praveen,

Hey boss...Its the same old version..the same old 7.0..fighting for a upgrade now

long time no news...hope everything is good..!

thank you both for the help.

Regards,

Senthilprakash