cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to share spool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way for a spool to be shared?

For example, UserA runs a background job and a report is generated.  UserB & UserC can also see and print this report.

I know that a distribution list can be created for UserA, UserB & UserC and an email sent to deliver the report to them.  However, I do not want to do this as the users may not have an email address.

Is there a way for UserB & UserC to access and print the report within SAP, say via, SP01 or SP02?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the users can access SM37, they can see the spool as the report output and take a print(given they have authorization).

Or get the spool# and view it from SP01.

However, if they can access SAP Tcodes I believe they will have SAP user ids,then they can maintain their e mail ids in their profile and you can add them to distr list.

From SP01 you can also forward the spool to individual recipients (Option in the Menu)

Thanks,

Samik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Samik

There is a "Recipient" field in the "Spool Requests" tab in SP01.

This option will work if UserA (the ID that the job was executed under) is available to input UserB & UserC in this field.

If UserA is unavailable, then this will not work. 

Is there a way to set the spool automatically (whenever this report is run) available to UserB & UserC?

While SM37 may also work, the risk is that it has to be opened for everyone.  Too risky.

Thanks