cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartforms actual print time on zebra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to print actual time a smartform label gets printed out on a zebra printer. Eg. If 1 send say 20 labels to the zebra printer, user will peel the label off the zebra printer one at a time. When a label is peeled-off the next label will then print. How can I make it to print, on the label, the time it actually was printed out? Currently, all 20 labels will have same time printed on the labels.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

How are you issuing the labels? Sequentially? Can't you just use sy-uzeit for time.

Are all the issued labels waiting at the printer. In that case you want the printer to print the time stamp not SAP. Not possible AFAIK unless your printer supports it and you can invoke such a thing by print control or a similar mechanism.

Regards,

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a custom program which sends the label to the Zebra printer. I am using sy-uzeit but it will print the same time for all 100 labels, for example. How we setup the label printing is PEEL-OFF, peel off 1 label and the next will print etc., and the time should be the actual time it was printed.

I have created a print control with ZPL command but it is still not printing

^FC%,,^SLS,1^KD1^FD%H:%M:%S^FS

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

^FC%,,^SLS,1^KD1^FD%H:%M:%S^FS    

Are you sure this is the right print control for time? Even if it is does the printer support it? Also please check your log for spool in sp01. When the print control or escape sequences are not recognized such errors are created in the log.

Regards, Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shravan,

The issued labels are waiting at the printer.

The ZPL command is what I have in the SAPSCRIPT and with SAPSCRIPT it is printing the time that it actually gets printed out.

Thank you!