cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM-SUS Service procurement, update quantity in SUS with change in SES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have MM-SUS scenario, with Service Procurement enabled, PO goes from ECC to SUS, PO Response goes also from SUS to ECC, I've created Confirmation in SUS and Service Entry Sheet is created correctly in ECC, process can be concluded, but I have this requirement:

In SES ECC allows to change quantity, but this change doesn't goes to SUS, and then there is a discrepancy between the amounts to be received in SUS, and those already received in ECC.

Anyone knows if this is an standard behavior?

Do I have to solve with development?

SRM SERVER 701 Level 0004 SP: SAPK-70104INSRMSRV

SAP_APPL    604 Level 0005 SP: SAPKH60405

Thanks.

José Luis D.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

In standard once the SES is accepted (with changes or w/o changes in SES) update XML foes to SRM changes only the satus  that SES is accepeted or rejected, no other field gets updated with the update XML.

If you want to update the changes in to SRM like Qty or any other fields you have to make custom development in the update XML for the same.

regards,

raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Can you give some details on how to modify the update XML generated once the SES in accepted? I mean, what is the XML that needs to be enhanced in ECC? Any modification required in PI and SUS?

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

zoltan_keller
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi José,

the scenario you described is not part of the standard, there will be no update of the quantity from ECC to SUS. Even enhancing the XML sent back to SUS for the acceptance of the SES would probably not help you further, as changing the quantity only in the SUS confirmation would not be enough. An update to some of the PO values would also be needed. If this whole scenario is not properly developed and if all the connected documents are not properly updated you could end up with inconsistent documents on both SUS and ECC side. From SAP side we strongly advise against this scenario.

Instead the recommended way would be to not to accept the SES on ECC side, reject it and ask the supplier to create a new confirmation in SUS with the changed quantity, only this will ensure the correct values in your documents and a smoth process.

regards

Zoltan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Zoltan for your clarification. I agree with your suggestion of rejecting the SES on ECC side and asking the supplier to create a new one on SUS. But I have one more question: when you say "Instead the recommended way would be to not to accept the SES on ECC side, reject it and ask the supplier to create a new confirmation in SUS" what "Reject" exactly means? Because as far as I know, there is no Reject button on SES (ML81N).

Do you mean to Delete the SES on ML81N and this deletion will be reflected on SUS enabling the supplier to submit a new SES?

Please clarify on this.

zoltan_keller
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Orlando,

yes by rejecting I meant deleting the SES, this will reflect on SUS side as "rejected by customer" status.

regards

Zoltan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ECC one can make changes in SES if it is not yet approved. Once fully approved GR document is created.

The GR document contains the final changed quantity information.

The program RPODDELVRY is run ECC and GR notification is sent to SUS.

So final accepted quantity of SES in ECC is updated in SUS.

With Regards,

Malay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnks Malay.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malay,

I transfer the message generated by the report you told me, however, this does not change the data in SUS confirmation, is it necessary to do more?

Regards,

José Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

But the subsequent confirmation can be done for the remaining quantity only.

PO item scheduled quantity - GR notification through the program above.

So it does not matter if the original confirmation quantity is not changed also.

More ever the SUS confirmation document is a separate document from the ECC confirmation document.

With Regards,

Malay

zoltan_keller
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

As this is a service scenario, transferring the GR notification from ECC to SUS with report RPODDELVRY is not supported. This is a known bug of the report which has been corrected with SAP note 1878909.