cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to query by passing an array of items?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Let's say I have a requirement to query SAP tables and I want to pass an array as an input.

Example:- I want to get billing doc. list as output and for that I want to pass two tables as input having columns like let say sold-to, payer, date from, date to..etc.

How to pass these multiple tables as input to Query Operation i.e HTTP Get service ?

I am using SEGW tool and SAP NW Gateway 2.0 sp4.

Thanks

Sandesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Let me put my question in another way.

1. I want to call a custom function module which has all the business logic. I want to call this FM using OData channel.

2. This function module accepts two tables of z type as input and returns three tables of z type.

So,

1. How do I model  my entity types and implement data classes, so that I can pass these two tables as input, may be from HTTP POST (i.e. create entity set ) method ?

I know we can create entity type having complex types within it. But this will help me to pass a single row (i.e. structure type) and not multiple rows (i.e. a table).

These two table do not have any associations like sales header and item. They are two independent tables but are required in single operation. So I need to pass them simultaneously as inputs.

2. How to return multiple tables (with no associations) in a single response?

The ET_ENTITYSET is stongly typed to input entity type. How to return table data which is of different type and I want to return multiple tables back to the client.

Please let me know if I need to be more clear on my requirements.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Sandesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandesh,

I have very similar requirement as well. I am looking to pass a table with multiple rows in input parameter to Gateway using odata. If you have already a solution please share...

Thanks

Rajesh Sundar