cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns from Legacy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario where in sap is newly implemented .Now my client have sold his stock from Legacy system and has got returns for the same

How to incorporate this scenario as there would be no refernce billing document for returns.

Even if i want to sell the returns stock in normal sales cycle how do i upload the stock in SAP

Would it be through MIGO or MB1C and which movement type to consider. 521/561 or 563 .

Please provide your valuable suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if this helps. We had similar issue and handled as below. You require to do several manual things to handle this as this did not exist in SAP before. We did not handle this through SD but through MM/FICO

If the return stock can be moved to unrestricted, you could use movement type 502 through MIGO and you can handle the credit memo manually outside SAP. Do postings directly in required accounts G/L & for the Purchase accounts. I assume you need to do the postings manually because it is normally posted when using movement types 101/102/122. Check with MM/FICO consultant about this proposal.

If the stock should be scrapped/send to quality inspection, can be handled through MM through different movement types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmi ,As there is no Quality Module implemented stock can be directly uploaded in Unpacked location.Which movement type to consider in this case

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on Business decision.  In normal cases, all open items (overdue) would be uploaded via FI which means, you will have to have a separate return order type where preceding document reference should not be set to mandatory.

Meanwhile, since this is returns, stock can be uploaded via MB1C with movement type 503 where the stock would be posted to quality.  From quality, the stock can be cleared and posted to unrestricted.  By doing so, from inventory point of view, Business can track the returns at a later date.

G. Lakshmipathi