cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP kernel 7.20 on Solaris Sparc 64

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, I am on ECC EHP4, trying to install the latest kernel 7.20 on Solaris for 64 Unicode. I have never had any problems with Kernel install before and now I can't even unsar the latest version from SAP website. ( Patch level 300 )  -  (Not to mention patch level 201 has a whole list of problems with it. )

Anyone else have this problem. I get the read error 5 ?  SAPCAR terminates with error 5 ( read error ) found the note 1475845, it suggested to get the latest SAPCAR, I did this by grabbing the latest SAPCAR version. The latest version I could find was in the #database independent area of SAP Kernel 7.20 unicode Solaris Sparc 64. It's dated June 20 2011. ??

I tried using this SAPCAR, and I still get the same error - error 5 read error.

Any help appreciated. The kernel expires on August 31st, so we would like to get this upgraded before hand. I am sure others are in the same boat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please ensure you have gone through the SAP note Note 1636252 - Installing a 7.20 kernel in SAP Web AS 7.00/7.01/7.10/7.11

before implementing the Kernel 720 .

Also make sure the kernel you have downloaded is compatible with your operating system . Check link

http://service.sap.com/pam

What is the Solaris version ?

Have you downloaded the 720 UC or 720_EXT UC kernel ?

Did you check if the SAR files have 777 permission ?

Just FYI , for the older release kernel SAP will not bring out any new patches , it does not mean the kernel would be expired .

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnajit. I have read the note and PAM. The error turned out to be a corrupt download. So we downloaded version 300 again, and it works. We did run into one issue, and since we remove all files from the exe folder we lose the license information. We moved the old license file back, and we were able to get in. Are you suppose to activate a new license with this kernel ?

It's kernel 7.20 Unicode. ( not EXT ).

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do not need to activate any new license . The existing digital license is good enough to run the system and keep the system licensed.

Regards

Ratnajit

Answers (0)