cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM syndication issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am from basis and have recently recieved a query from MDM team to stop syndication by providing incorrect credentials to the corrosponding repo. Ideally, once wrong credentials are maintained, auto - syndication should ideally stop. Even after we can see in the logs that repo could not be authenticated, the auto-syndication is still active and working. Can you please let me know how can I find how and via which syndication repo, the files are getting syndicated. I tried to change log setting to debug, but still am not able to capture this.

Regards

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek,

Correct me, if my understanding is wrong about your problem. You want to cancel the running auto-syndication process by providing wrong login credentials.

If yes, unfortunately, we don't have any functionality which could stop any specific syndication process. The only option is too Stop Syndication Server but it would stop other syndication processes also. As per MDM, once syndication process has started via MDSS, you cannot stop it.

Let me also explain you how this password change will work.:

1. You need to enter wrong password for the desired repository in Password field, as shown below:
  2. To make this password effective, you need to restart MDSS. MDSS restart will update encrypted password in mdss.ini.
  3. Next time, when MDSS will try to start auto syndication process, it will fail as password is wrong and then log table will be updated with appropriate error message.

Hope, it will help you.!!

Thx/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Tarun,

Thanks for your response. Our aim is to completely stop auto syndication process. After the repo password has been changed, it immediately gets reflected without any restart ( We can see in the logs something like "could not authorize repository sessions".) Not sure if it helps, but same method worked last week and it stopped auto syndication completely. Hence wanted to know if there is a way where we can know that which repository as reflected in syndication server, is syndicating the records. We have increased log level to debug and tried to find out by article number as well as MDM id, but couldnt find any info on this..

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

There is no way to find, which repository caused the error, except for the MDSS Log.

OUT OF BOX solution is to maintain a Z field, in the repository which will be password but based on some calculation so it will be calculation field.

Based on this field, we can save our syndication map, if the value provide is this field is different, syndication wont happen.

Hope you get what i tried to explain.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek,

The only option is Logs, as mentioned by Abhishek. In log file, you can check, which repository's port is syndicating records.

Thx/- Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

The idea of putting in the wrong credentials for a repository seems to me to be a rather strange workaround for a relatively easy task.

If you want the syndicator server not to syndicate automatically for a specific repository you can go to that repository in the MDM Console and change the Syndication Ports from automatc to Manual.

That way only a specific workflow that syndicates data will actually generate a syndication for the port. All other syndication will not process and files will not be generated.

Regards,

Stanley.

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek ,

You can get those details in the MDIS logs .

Connect to the console and go to Auxiliary Servers - > Push in your server server details and go to the logs .

If the data is syndicated then a Log in maintained here .

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vag,

Thanks for the response. I have already searched the logs, and the only logs I can find is

"Could not authorize repository session. RC = 0xffaa0200, RepTag = <Repo Name> <DB [Oracle]>, MDS host =<SVR >:59950",Background_Thread@Unidentified,SynAutoSession.cpp,146

Even after increasing the log level, I can not see any successful syndication related logs.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Furthermore, I tried searching the MDSS logs by punching the MDM id as well as article number. I can not see any relevant logs with these flags as well. We have already increased the log level to debug. Please suggest.

Regards

Vivek

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek ,

Small Correction , Logs in the MDSS should be verified and not MDIS .

From the update above u have verified that as well .

I have attached a screen shot of what it looks from the MDM Console level .

Let me know if you are verifying it here .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vag,

Thanks a lot for the prompt response. I have been checking the same location, and can see only not authorized error. Still the files are getting syndicated.

Regards

vivek