cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigerring outboudn idocs based on field updates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are creating a custom shipment tab with certain "dates " fields like "estimated Arrival at port ", "estimated departure from port etc. These fields will be updated  by the relevant dates from an inbound idoc from the transporter.  there can be max three dates  for a single event.

For eg, the first inbound idoc can carry "estimated arrival at port" date= 1.1.12  and the same will be updated in our delivery custom shipment tab. After 4 days, another inbound idoc can come with  "estimated arrival at port" date= 7.1.12 and so in delivery we will have another   date of 7.1.2. So finally our delivery will show two "estimated  arrival at port date" fields with two dates 1.1.12 and 7.1..12.

Now our requirement is as soon as the above field is updated with 1.1.12 date, an outbound idoc from delivery  should get trigerred to our customer. also another outbound idoc shud get triggered to our customer as soon as the 2nd date 7.1.2 is updated !

how to achieve the tigerrring of outbound idoc from delivery based on the above field updates

rgd

'Pamela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pamela,

Another approach would be using change pointers.

see the below link to understand change pointers.

http://sapignite.com/what-is-change-pointer-in-sap/

Please check if this is something you can incorporate and resolve you current issue.

Let me know if this was useful for you. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Swanand

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change pointers are used in the master data distribution, they are not used for transactional data, to my knowledge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jelena,

I agree, that's why I said something similar can be designed for the issue faced.

Best regards,

swanand

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IDoc can be triggered bia output, the only trick here is to make sure it is triggered only on cetain field change. Unfortunately, there is no standard functionality in SD like in Purchasing to set the fields that will trigger the change output, but this may be achieved by using output requirements (VOFM).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the IDoc of  DELVRY05 for changes to outbound delivery (VL02N), In order to make change to the IDoc segments and add your own custom data - you can make changes in the user exit EXIT_SAPLV56K_001 and EXIT_SAPLV56K_002.