cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order has multiple confirmed schedule lines

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am hoping this is going to be a quick one to answer, a sales order is created with Material A, order quantity 1. There is no stock at the plant so a Purchase Order is created for quantity 1, the confirmed quantity on the schedule line is set to 1, delivery date is in the future.

Then something happens & 2 new schedule lines are created all with confirmed quantities of 1, so we now have 3 schedule lines :

1 - Confirmed quantity = 1, referenced to Purchase Order & Purchase order item, delivery date "today"

2 - Confirmed quantity = 1, appears to be a copy of schedule line 1, with no purchase order item referenced, delivery date in the future

3 - Confirmed quantity = 1, no reference to a Purchase Order, stock coming from the plant, delivery date in the future

The Order quantity is now showing as 3 when it should be 1.

Can anyone advise why we have 3 schedule lines - all showing confirmed quantities ? Why does the order quantity now show 3 ?

Are there any ATP / MRP settings that I need to check ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should read the following SAP notes and check if they apply to your situation:

207942    MRP: Problems with requirements from sales order/de

149428    Double purchase requisitions by requirements

63704      Duplicated purchase order for sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the SAP notes, but have found what is causing the multiple confirmed schedule lines. If the schedule line initially has a PR (and PO) against it but then our users decide to take the stock locally (they do this via a custom screen), then it adds a second schedule line - with a confirmed quantity. We then have 2 confirmed schedule lines.

I need to investigate our custom screen & how it works / confirm the correct procedure with the business in the particular scenario.

Answers (0)