cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substitutions in PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a substitution for responsible cost centre.  The goal was to reduce re-capturing the same information over and over again i.e. the cost centre should default based on the value entered on the Level 1 WBS.  The substitution works fine but here is the tricky part, it is on a mandatory field, which means one cannot substitute without first selecting some value which ultimately defies the purpose.

Has anyone come across this and perhaps found a suitable solution?

Thanks;

Werner

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

If you make it mandatory only for first level WBS, user will be forced to enter at level 1 and then substitution will update all rest levels. Check influencing factors in field selection config where you can make it mandatory based on level. Hope this helps.

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks fore the helpfull answer Shrikant.

I need some further assistance if possible, I have attempted to cater for this logic in OPUK but I am struggling a bit.  I have selected the "Influencing" button, double clicked on level and entered 002 in the "Contents" field, I have marked field PRPS-FKOKR (repsonsible cost centre) as display and clicked "Save".

However when I create level 2 WBS in CJ20n the field stays mandatory.  I am not sure but I did initial config in OPUK without selecting any influences and this seems to overwrite all the changes I am making.

Any giudance will be appreciated.

Thanks;

Werner

Former Member
0 Kudos

No issue was resolved, had to enter value 2 and not 002.

Closing thread.

Answers (0)