cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to execute the function 'calculate periods' by background job to refresh the Planning Calendar?

former_member522307
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We use Factory Calendar assigned in APO Planning Calendar (Time Stream).

When there's update in Factory Calendar from R3 to APO, in order to update the buckets in the APO planning calendar accordingly, how to refresh the APO planning calendar?

Your input is appreciated,

Thanks

Mandy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mandy,

Refer to note https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1245264  The report is /SAPAPO/TIMESTREAM_UPDATE.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member522307
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks very much DB49 for the prompt message!

mandy

former_member522307
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

After running report /SAPAPO/TIMESTREAM_UPDATE, log says ' No changes in the Factory Calendar'.

Non working day still shown in the buckets of planning calendar, not updated successfully.

Any clue?

Thanks

Mandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mandy,

Check the FC that exists in APO in SCAL.  It should be identical to the FC in ERP.

If the FC is changed in ERP, you have to move the updated factory calendar into APO.  Use BW program RSIMPCUST in APO.  In many companies, these two programs (RSIMPCUST and /SAPAPO/TIMESTREAM_UPDATE are run as two steps in a single job; first move the FCs to APO, then re-create the timestreams.)

Best Regards,

DB49.

former_member522307
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes DB49,

I did first the sync from R3 to APO, the APO fac calendar is consistent with that in R3, then I ran the report /SAPAPO/TIMESTREAM_UPDATE, no update.

Thanks

Mandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mandy,

Are you sure we are talking about the same calendars?  The ones found in /SAPAPO/CALENDAR?  Your log from /SAPAPO/TIMESTREAM_UPDATE should contain a list of every timestream, and every activity performed on each of the timestreams.  If it does not, and you have followed all the intstructions contained in the note I mentioned earlier, then you should raise a message with SAP.

This program does not touch the timestreams found in LC for resources.  For that task, you need to execute /SAPAPO/CRES_CREATE_LC_RES.  https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1318864

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member522307
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Yes, I understand we are talking about the same planning calendar - /SAPAPO/CALENDAR.

R3 factory calendar is used and assigned in APO planning calendar e.g. receiving calendar.

When R3 factory calendar is changed e.g. by updating non-working days, R3 factory calendar is then synched to APO by program RSIMPCUST, APO factory calendar is then validated consistent with R3 one - the newly added non-working day in place in APO.

By running program /SAPAPO/TIMESTREAM_UPDATE to update the factory calendar, the log suggests no changes in the factory calendar.

However, by manually executing 'calculate periods' in planning calendar, the non-working day shows no more in buckets in planning calendar - planning calendar updated successfully by manual execution in planning calendar.

Thanks

Mandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mandy,

/SAPAPO/TIMESTREAM_UPDATE does not behave as you describe in any of the APO systems I am currently working on.  I suggest you raise a message with SAP.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member522307
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes DB49,

Thanks very much for your professional support!

Best wishes

Mandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

I know this is an old thread, so I wonder if note 1234264 supersedes 1130778 up until now?

The note you mentioned states that the only requirement from 1130778 is the CI, yet it is also not valid.

bottom-line: is //timestream_update still valid?

thanks and regards,

Zeek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ezekiel,

Yes, this is an old thread.  I normally don't answer 'tack-on questions', but this one is easy.

First, I never mentioned anything about 1234264.

The note I did cite (1245264) still appears to be valid 'up until now' - but, like all notes, only for the Releases specified in the note.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (0)