Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver SLD Registration in Solman 7.1 or PI 7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am implementing the new sap products and I have few questions for that-

1) We have implemented Solman 7.1 and PI7.31 system, but I am confused after reading some post and blogs about SLD configuration like what I have to select, Currently I have registered my systems to Solman SLD so that MOPZ can work as from 7.1 we have to use the LMDB for synchronization so it can create technical system automatically and synchronize the data from SLD to LMDB.

2) What are the advantage and disadvantage to choose solman or PI as SLD and if I am using PI system as SLD then Do I need to change the configuration in Solman in SLDAPICUST to pick the data from PI SLD so MOPZ can works ??

3) WHat are the PI specific post installation steps for basis admin as I haven't found it in the NW 7.3 Installation guide for ABAP+JAVA.

Regards

Saurabh Mishra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you able to get answer on this ?

-Yogesh

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) We have implemented Solman 7.1 and PI7.31 system, but I am confused after reading some post and blogs about SLD configuration like what I have to select, Currently I have registered my systems to Solman SLD so that MOPZ can work as from 7.1 we have to use the LMDB for synchronization so it can create technical system automatically and synchronize the data from SLD to LMDB.

As per SAP recommendations you don’t need to have SLD in to Solution manager 7.1. LMDB can be populated with PI 7.3 SLD

2) What are the advantage and disadvantage to choose solman or PI as SLD and if I am using PI system as SLD then Do I need to change the configuration in Solman in SLDAPICUST to pick the data from PI SLD so MOPZ can works ??

Advantage:

You don’t have to maintain one more SLD

Disadvantage:

N/A

Yes you should change SLDAPICUST in Solman because it is client and SLD rank must be lower than LMDB rank.

3) WHat are the PI specific post installation steps for basis admin as I haven't found it in the NW 7.3 Installation guide for ABAP+JAVA.

SAP Help link : Configuring Process Integration (PI) After Installation

Cheers,

Yogesh

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

Standard post installation steps for PI have been reduced to running few CTC templates. For specific configuration that you need to do for your specific environment you can refer to the detailed SAP documentation available at SAP Library - Configuring Process Integration (PI) After Installation.

Generally, you will have solman SLD and PI SLD running together. Solman SLD will be used for multiple use cases.PI SLD will be used for PI use case. The other configuration really depends on your synchronization strategy.

For MOPZ/LMDB related info, solution manager forum might be a better forum.