cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation Chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear SAP gurus,

I have a doubt about how to fulfill one business scenario related to transportation chain.

At the moment the business have one route that cover differente stages like Road-Border-Sea (A to B via road, Border at B, then B to C via sea). However at the moment only one transportation document is generated for the whole route and, in case it matters,  each stage uses a different service agent.

As for SAP best practices i read we should use transportation chain to have different transportation documents. After read SAP help i came to think that i need one transportation document for Point A to B (Preliminary leg, road), then one document for Border and finally one document for B to C (Main leg, sea). However i can not find the steps i need to follow for configuration nor the steps for test it.

For example for the route we currently manage the process is  VA01-VL01n-VT01n-PGI-VI01-Transfer cost,etc). What would be the process for transportation chain?

Hope any of you experts can help me.

Regards and THanks in advance for reading.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Gerardo Sanchez,

MultiModal Transport Operator will issue One Document fro the transportation from point A to point B.

You have rightly mentioned that there are many agencies involved for the completion of the journey. If you choose a right multimodal agency, you may not have any head ache, it will be the responsibility of the service provider to monitor the movements at each stage and keep you updated.

However, if you are not comfortable with the services of mulitmodal agency, you can choose your service provider for different stages for more efficient service and competitive cost.

You being the customer, you call the shot and decide the option which suits you. For any of your specific queries related to this topic, please feel free to mail me to kcgope@gmail.com or kcgope@krclogistics.org or kcgope@krcpune.com

Thanks and regards

Kripesh Gope

Managing Director & C E O

K R C Logistics & Supply Chain Management Pvt. Ltd.

Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA.

Cell: +918380066440, 9422005578

Email: kcgope@krclogistics.org