cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor-supplied function module <Z_AW_RFC_READ_EXTRACTOR> not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to use sap extractors in Data services as my source.I am using extractor "0FI_AP_4" and when i click on preview data i am getting error "Vendor-supplied function module <Z_AW_RFC_READ_EXTRACTOR> not found. Ensure that you can execute the function module in SAP via transaction /nSE37".

I ran se37 in sap and i couldn't find that function module.

In Data Services install dir i found two files to import data services functions in to sap.When tried importing those in to ECC i ended up with errors.

Please suggest me how to fix this issue.

ECC version EHP2.

DS Version 4.0

Even when i look at xi31211_ds_sap_supplement_en.pdf to get some help i couldn't find anything about this function module but i see others like Z_AW_RFC_READ_TABLE,Z_AW_TABLE_IMPORT....etc.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matthias038
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

check OSS-note 1715339 - Z_AW_RFC_READ_EXTRACTOR not deployed with non-unicode transports

maybe that helps

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Finally i was able to create function module manually but now getting below error any idea on how to fix this

Error calling RFC function to get reader <0FI_AP_4> data: <RFC_ABAP_RUNTIME_FAILURE-(Exception_Key: CALL_FUNCTION_NOT_REMOTE)- The function module "Z_AW_RFC_READ_EXTRACTOR" cannot be used for 'remote' calls.>

Pls help me with this issue.

Thanks,

Gokul.

Matthias038
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

though you created the function modul yourself you can easily make able to work RFC. call se37, type in the FB name. on the first TAB "attributes" select at "processing type" the second entry called "remote-enabled module".

then try again

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Thanks a lot for your help and i was able to get data in to DS with extractor finally.Also i had to make parameters to pass by reference.

Answers (0)