cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CVCs - Key Figure Disagg Type F

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am storing Average Sales Price(ASP) in a key figure type F (Average of non zero details with Pro Rata disagg). Let's Say I have the following CVCs with ASP Value -

ProductCustomerASP
P1Total10
P1C110
P1C210
P1C310

Now based a new CVC is created for Product P1 and Customer C4. This is how the ASPs look after the CVC is created -

ProductCustomerASP
P1Total10
P1C110
P1C210
P1C310
P1C40

I need to auto-populate ASP for CVC P1-C4 with ASP Value from P1-Total. Is there a standard functionality to copy key figure values for newly created CVCs? If not, I will have to use a macro for this purpose. Can I copy ASP values from Aggregate level (Product - P1) to Detailed level (P1 - C4)?

Thanks,

Yash.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yash,

Disaggregation will be triggered when relevant data has been changed and saved to liveCache.

I don't think there's desired auto-populate functionality.

To copy key figure value, you can consider /sapapo/tscopy.

If you want to use macro, there's a functionality "redisaggregation" as of SCM7.0 which may trigger the disaggregation. To use this, please set the macro to be executed at aggregated level, and the macro should be like: Row ASP = Row ASP. For the first 'Row ASP', you'll need to set 'Change Mode' to 'Redisaggregation'.

I don't think you can copy value from aggregated level to detailed level directly ...

Best Regards,

Ada

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yash,

You can not copy the aggregated level key figure values to the detailed level key figure directly  because the aggregated values are calculated using the detailed level values.

However if you want to copy ,  you can write a macro which stores the aggregated value in some auxiliary key figure .

And then you can copy the value to the detailed level Key figure using DRILL_DOWN( ) function.

Hope this helps you.

Anurag

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Have you ever really tried this?

Sorry but I thought this won't work even when you're using auxiliary key figure.

Could you please confirm it?

Thank you.

Best Reards/Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ada,

Thanks for your comments.

I have not tried same macro but I have tried two different scenarios where in one we copy the total value key figure in one auxilary keyfigure and then used the same auxilary key figure values to copy to some other result row in the same planning book.

So looks like both should work fine.

Is the problem is copying from aggregate level keyfigure to an auxilaiary key figure?

Regards,

Anurag

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anurag,

The scenario you descirbed should work, but no in this one.

During macro execution, the process is executed for each planning object, either on aggregated level or a certain detailed level. So it can only read data from this level and this planning object. It cannot operate both aggregated level and detailed level. The same also applies to auxiliary key figure.

The only possibility is use layout variable, but I suppose it will be very complicated.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ada,

Thanks for your inputs.

I agree with your views.

But we can restrict the control to be on detailed level and we are not using

drill_down and Drill_up function together anyway.

Please share your views.

Regards,

Anurag

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anurag,

Sorry but I still don't think this is possible, at least not possible by an easy way.. Because you're either on aggregated level or detailed level. When you drill down or drill up, auxiliary key figures will also drill down/up accordingly.

I you believe you can, maybe you can try to write such a macro, better than just discussing here

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses.

- I tried the re-disaggregation and it does not populate the ASP at an aggregate level to the new CVC. After the re-disaggregation runs the new CVC still has zero.

We are now using another key figure for this purpose. Copy data from ASP key figure to another key figure 'ASP Backup'. Then we are zeroing out ASP key figure and copying data from ASP Backup to ASP at an aggregated level.