cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to schedule the background job for ABAP Web Services.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I woluld like to know how can we schedule the background job for SAP Web Services to Non -SAP?

I'm not new to SAP but i'm new to the concept of Web Services. I have created the Web Service using Function Module in SAP and this service is consuming by non-SAP system , now i need to schedule background job for this in sap.

So any links or suggestion in this topic will be highly aprecaited.

Helpful information will be rewarded.

Thanks

Ali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>I woluld like to know how can we schedule the background job for SAP Web Services to Non -SAP?

You dont need any background job to trigger webservice. This service definition available to service in the webservice runtime. If you do without PI, then let the sender system to consume the service directly. You just need to provide wsdl to the sender system. If you do with PI then you have to design sender interface according to their communication standards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, We are using Fusion system instead of PI.

So my Question is then how we will be sending the delta changes from SAP to fusion system? if we provide the Web Service url will the able to get full and delta chages automatically, pls suggest

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Without PI

Assume you created a synchronous web service and deployed in the SAP System. You just need to provide WSDL (which contains request and response and fault message) to the fusion system. Fusion will initiate a request call to web service and web service in turn send the response to the sender system. This is basically inbound scenario with respect to SAP. So your response will cover the delta changes or full changes based on the sender system's request. 

With PI

You can also host web service on PI sender and keep RFC as target or use proxy at the backend.. RFC  or Proxy communicates with ECC backend to retrieve the response data. In this scenario, you create SOAP to RFC   or SOAP to Proxy.   Search SCN for these scenarios.

Basically Fusion system will consume the soap sender PI web service.

Hope that helps

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Non-SAP system people has to invoke your function module-web service , this is the process.