cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP APO DATA STORAGE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am a SAP BI consultant and I am now working on SAP APO module. I have couple of Question related to APO Module, Some of my questions might be silly but can you please bear with it and answer my questions.

1. Do we both DSO (Data store object) & Cube or we have only CUBE in SAP APO.

2. Where is the data stored in APO (In Cache memory or directly in a Cube). If the data is available in Cache then how is the data loaded into cube.

3. Dose SAP APO has only current forecast data or it has Both Historical and Current Forecast data.

4.  Is the Historical data maintained in SNAP SHORTS?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Varsha,

1. Do we both DSO (Data store object) & Cube or we have only CUBE in SAP APO.

I can't comment on lower versions of BW (SAP APO has come with many BW versions).  However, APO currently supports Data Store Objects.

2. Where is the data stored in APO (In Cache memory or directly in a Cube). If the data is available in Cache then how is the data loaded into cube.

Some data in APO is stored in LC, some is stored in regular tables.  BW data is generally stored in Cubes.  For data that must be fetched from LC, SAP provides both standard programs, and also various programming tools, to read and write LC data.  It really depends on what data you are talking about.

3. Does SAP APO have only current forecast data or it has Both Historical and Current Forecast data.

SAP APO has no forecast data at all when you turn it on.  Someone must set it up, and each implementation is different.  In Demand Planning, you define from scratch how you want to forecast, and upon which data the forecast(s) will be based. A new DP system is like a blank canvas, in that you first define what you want to do from a business perspective, then you use DP tools to build that functionality.  If you wish to instead implement some kind of forecasting functionality within BW, you also must create it yourself.  DP Planning Areas (which exist mostly in LC and have a lot in common with BW ICs) have standard programs which can be used to move data back and forth DP <> BW if required.  BW also has all the usual BW tools to obtain data from any of the normal sources.

4.  Is the Historical data maintained in SNAP SHOTS?

Historical data can be maintained in any way that meets your business requirements.  Snapshots are possible, but not mandatory.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the fast reply and sharing your knowledge

Answers (0)