cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while publishing universe to repository in IDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am connecting the IDT to HANA using JDBC connection and it is working fine. I am able to create data foundation layer and create business layer using same data foundation.

When try to publish the universe to repository, I am getting below error.

"Error occured while loading Universe" and at the business layer pane "Error while displaying data foundation layer"

Now When I try to open data foundation layer, I am getting below error

"Unexpected error: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:Content is not allowed in prolog".

Please help what needs to be done(I am newbie in Information design tool)

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Have you tried changing the connection from .cnx to .cns?

Regards,

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Glad to know that my solution was of some kind of help to you.

What were your findings?

Thanks,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't want to afraid you, but sometimes it will be impossible to open a data foundation or a business layer after some changes.

The error message you have seems that the link between your data foundation and your business layer is corrupt.

1) Did you succeed to publish it one time ?

2) Or never ?

"My advice is to do local versionning of each project of universe you create if it's answer 1 !"

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try writing some queries in the Business Layer and see if you are able to run them.

Before that Check Integrity of the Data Foundation Layer and the Business Layer respectively and try to resolve the errors shown(if any)

Also check the "Show Local Dependency" and see if any of the "Dependent Resources" or "Referenced Resources" are showing up in red. If that is the case then the link between the Business Layer and Datafoundation Layer might be broken and that might be the cause of the error while publishing.

Regards

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

--Once u design Businesslayer were you able to run Queries without any errors?

--Once u design Busniesslayer and during publishing to BO server did u test ur universe using

--Check Integrity if so wats the status

or else suggest to save all the work done...remove all your temporary memory...

-- morevoer close IDT App and re-loging/re-start

Thx

bose

former_member208246
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

After you make certain changes save the data foundation layer and then begin with the business layer.

In the data foundation layer you will just drag and drop the tables from the respective application/DB which ever you are connected to. So once you have inserted the respective tables assign the key for the respectieve columns and save the layer immediately.

Best

san