cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the procedure for forecasting the data from SAP ECC to SAP BI

0 Kudos

Hi all,

i need ur help plz guide me how to do?my requirement is, i have to do forecast in SAP BI.

Actually, the data is coming from sap ecc to bi.

Basically, The functional people get the data from SAP ECC(MM) by using MB5L-TCODE , they save the data into excel spreadsheet.

And depending upon requirement they used Vlookup and some formulas in excel sheet.
And for other field they are getting the data from another T-Code(----), ex: for creating one field they are getting the data from another TCode, name of the field is ABC.
In the same way they are getting the data from another TCode (KOB1), name of the field is ASD.

Now please tell me how to do in SAP BI.

Am the only person for project, directly doing in client location. i have no TL, Business Analyst, APO and Technical person.

please guide me how to do in BI...

Thanks inadvance...

Cheers,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Create apds in Sap bi and load that flat file  data to dso and create query in bi and use that one in Bo.

Regards,

Giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

as metioned by Abhijeet Jangam above, BW in itself can support any planning/forecasting related activities by utilizing the BW-IP (Integrated Planning) and the related modeling approachs, like using the Real-time InfoCubes, et al. Alternatively, the BPC tool can also be utilized. the best case can only be determined after discussion on all the pros n cons of alternate approaches..

The preferred approach would be to get the dataset from the source by identfying th right datasource to use and then work on the modeling with a defined use-case as concluded by discussions with end-user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

MB5L ??thi is related to material movement ?

any thing you come cross please do use the standard datasource, don't try to use generic datasource, from MM functional there will tell you the logic, the table involved, but that will not work for BI.. 

for this t-code, I believe this it's related to SAP material movement in BI ..

you go through this step by step.. that a lot of reference related to material movement.. go through and you will be fine. 

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0783925-f4be-2c10-9c89-ffa108f72...

Assign if this useful for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do they just want to report on forecasted data in BI ? or Do they want to do forecasting/planning in BI?

If they want to do planning in BI, then your answer could be integrated planning. you bring that data in BI in planning cube and then let them adjust / forecast data...

If they just want to report on planned data in ECC..you will have to find appropriate extractor or build custom one..

0 Kudos

Hi abhijeet,

Thanks for reply..

Actually, they want to do forecasting in BI after that they want to see the reports in BO.

could you please tell me what are the steps to follow how to bring the data to planning cube??

They are getting the data from MB5L T-code and saved it in as excel spreadsheet.

After that they are using another t-code for getting the data and named the field as xxx.

In this way total they are using 3 t-codes.

Am aware of this...

Note: Am thinking i have to get the functional spec from MM person. He will give what are the tables, fields  and logics.

Now, i have to find out the data sources right???(please let me know if am wrong?)

Abhijeet am not in clear how to do.

could you please tell me how to do??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes based on your functional requirements try to find the datasource. Once you have the data source, you need to find out what level they want to do planning. Typically you may get transaction data at very granular level but planning at a higher level. Based on that you will need to design your planning cube...

Integrated planning is huge topic...Once you have your planning cube, there are planning functions/sequences that you can use for them to enable planning...Using planning functions/sequences you can carry out various steps reposting/calculations/distribution etc..Planning cube toggles between loading/ planning mode....While you load data, you can't use for planning by users....And once users are planning (keying in data), you can't load...You will need input ready queries...Later this can be consumed in BO webi or wherever you need..

Thanks.

Abhijeet

Award points if useful...