cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Transport Order creation possible withount entries in T161W?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I recently came across a scenario, where i am creating an Intercompany Stock Transport Order type- NB. In this case, I have a Plant Vendor and a receiving plant as usual.

But whereas, table T161W doesn't have entries.. for eg.

Consider Plant vendor being PLTXXXX and Receiving Plant - YYYY and Doc type NB

I was of the opinion that we need an entry in T161W as follows

Supplying Plant  Receiving Plant   Doc type

XXXX                  YYYY                NB.

But there are no such entries in table T161W. But i am still able to create an STO. So, this made me more confusing.

My first thought was it could be considered as an Import PO. But its nt so, because i can find shipping tab in PO item level and also the Vendor has a Plant assigned to it.

So, need your help in this issue. I would like to know if its still possible to create an STO without corresponding entries in T161W.

If not possible, any suggestions where should i be checking to back track the issue. Because i am able to create an STO .

Thanks

Dhilipan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

Have a look at OSS Note: 114213

Also, if I'm not mistaken... NB is the standard doc. type for purchase orders. Shouldn't the doc type be UB?

Br,

Magnus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Magnus,

Thanks for your response. I checked the note provided by you. It's in the case of creating a PO from  P.Req..

But in my case, i was trying to create a PO directly.. So, in this case i was expecting it to check T161W.

Thanks

Dhilipan

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

System will check the table T161W based upon the 'Document type'. 'NB' is not a standard document type for STO, it should be 'UB' or 'UD'. What is the item category you are getting in the PO ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NB is the standard document type for inTERcompany stock transfers, while UB is the document type for inTRAcompany stock transfers.

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for correcting me. This is about inter-company stock transfers. I think, in this case system will not check table T161W because both the plants belongs to different company code and there will be billing involved in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dhilipan,

SAP will not prevent creation of STO if T161W is not filled. 

However, as you noted, you will not get a shipping tab, and you will not be able to create a Delivery against this STO.

UB is standard for intracompany STOs.  Other Purchasing document types are acceptable as well.

Best regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Thanks a lot for ur response. I am not sure if i understood ur point correctly.

So, you mean for Intercompany STOs there is no significance for T161W- "Doc type Determination".

So, this means Intercompany STOs can be created between any plants(of diff. company code) provided the master datas are all perfect.

I mean Customer extended to Supplying Plant Sales Area and Material extended to Recv. plant and all those master data related stuffs. No use of T161W in this case.

Is it so?

If thats the case i think T161W is only for configuring One step/two step procedures and MoT... in case of Intercompany STOs..

In my case, i do see shipping tab for my POs. though entries are not there in T161W.

Please help me if i have overlooked something. Thank you so much for your help in this.

Thanks

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dhilipan,

So, you mean for Intercompany STOs there is no significance for T161W- "Doc type Determination".

No, I did not say that. Read very carefully my posting.  I didn't say the things you have concluded.  I spoke about the creation of STOs, and how the creation does not rely on the table you asked about.  Which you already knew....

I did not say anything about the purposes of T161W, nor did I say anything about what is or what is not required to execute an inter-company or intra-company STO, other than to say that a delivery cannot be created if there is no shipping tab.

I suggest that if you want to know more about this subject, you spend a half hour in your sandbox testing the various scenarios that occur to you, rather than jumping to conclusions based on tiny bits of forum information.

Best Regards,

DB49

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you go into customizing of T161W table, then you can read in big letters "PROPOSAL...."

a shipping tab will show up, if your customizing and master data  for shipping point determination is correct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Thanks for ur help. And sorry for assuming certain things..

As you suggested, i had run certain scenarios in Sandbox. Following are my observations. Would like to share with you. Please let me know if i am missing something.

Supplying Plant XXXX Receiving Plant- YYYY

Scenario1: No entry exists in T161W for XXXX --> YYYY.  But all Master data setups available.

Creating an Intercompany STO(NB)- Vendor PLTXXXX and Rec plant- YYYY.

I am able to create an Intercompany STO without any issues. Shipping tab is also available.

Scenario2: No entry exists in T161W for XXXX ---> YYYY. But all Master data setups available.

Creating an Intracompany STO(UB)- Supplying plant XXXX and Rec. plant- YYYY.

I am able to create PO successfully. Shipping tab is also available.

Scenario3: No entry exists in T161W for XXXX--> YYYY. No Master data setup. i.e. No Receiving PLT-Customer created in Supplying plt- Sales Area.

Creating an Intercompany and Intracompany not possible. System wouldn't allow us to create a PO in this case stating no Customer master available.

No Shipping tab is available as well.

So, from these testing. It seems there i guess we don't need an entry to be maintained for Supplying plant and recv. plant in T161W. Only master data setups will do for creating an STO.

Please let me know if i am missing something.. Or i am wrong.. Will be of great help.

Thanks in advance

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for ur help. And sorry for assuming certain things..

As you suggested, i had run certain scenarios in Sandbox. Following are my observations. Would like to share with you. Please let me know if i am missing something.

Supplying Plant XXXX Receiving Plant- YYYY

Scenario1: No entry exists in T161W for XXXX --> YYYY.  But all Master data setups available.

Creating an Intercompany STO(NB)- Vendor PLTXXXX and Rec plant- YYYY.

I am able to create an Intercompany STO without any issues. Shipping tab is also available.

Scenario2: No entry exists in T161W for XXXX ---> YYYY. But all Master data setups available.

Creating an Intracompany STO(UB)- Supplying plant XXXX and Rec. plant- YYYY.

I am able to create PO successfully. Shipping tab is also available.

Scenario3: No entry exists in T161W for XXXX--> YYYY. No Master data setup. i.e. No Receiving PLT-Customer created in Supplying plt- Sales Area.

Creating an Intercompany and Intracompany not possible. System wouldn't allow us to create a PO in this case stating no Customer master available.

No Shipping tab is available as well.

So, from these testing. It seems there i guess we don't need an entry to be maintained for Supplying plant and recv. plant in T161W. Only master data setups will do for creating an STO.

Please let me know if i am missing something.. Or i am wrong.. Will be of great help.

Thanks in advance

Dhilipan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it is exactly how SAP works in standard.

But you should try another scenario

Have a default entry maintained in T161W for XXXX > YYYY

and then create a PO for XXXX > ZZZZ

you should then see a warning message, and this warning message can be customized as error  if you want forbid creating STOs for combinations that are not maintained in T161W

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dhilipan,

As mentioned earlier by expert Jürgen, T161W supports the default document type for STOs. 

From my earlier post:

SAP will not prevent creation of STO if T161W is not filled.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen/DB49,

Thank you so much.. And finally i guess mystery revealed .

@Jurgen-> I have tried the last scenario which you stated. infact all the above scenarios that i have done inturn fullfils the last one you stated.

because i had actually taken XXXX--> ZZZZ from T161W and checked it for XXXX->YYYY.. So, there are no issues in this case. System doesn't prevent us in this case.

And would like to share with you following things just to summarize so that it could be useful from others if incase they needed.

1) When we have an entry maintained as follows.

Supplying plant   Recv. plant   Doc type

AAAA                BBBB          NB

In this case if we try to create an Intracompany STO of Doc type - UB.. System will prevent us with error message

06-674(Settings have been made in Customizing specifying that document type NB is normally to be used for supplying plant WM66 and receiving plant WM84. However, you have chosen document type UB.)

a)So, If we have defined NB doc type to be used in T161W for Supplying/Recv plant . The same should be used if not,we will face above error message.However this error message can be made as Warning and bypassed.

2) When we have an entry maintained as follows.

Supplying plant   Recv. Plant   Doc type

AAAA                CCCC           UB

So, in this case if we try to create an Intercompany STO of Doc type - NB.. System will prevent is with error message.(06-639). And this message doesn't look for T161W. It looks for the company codes involved whenever the doc. type is "UB".

a) So, this means doc type NB cannot be used for Plant of same company code.

b) And Doc type UB can be used for any two plants of same company code though we don't have entries in T161W.

06-639(You wish to create a purchase order or a scheduling agreement for a vendor to whom a supplying plant has been assigned. This corresponds to a stock transport order for a cross-company-code stock transfer, for whose items shipping data will be determined, deliveries and billing documents will be generated and, finally, incoming invoices will be posted (in the standard system, this corresponds to order type NB).

This transaction must involve more than one company code. However, with the data entered this is not the case: the supplying plant that is assigned to the vendor belongs to the same company code as the purchasing organization entered.)

So, finally the Importance and reason for maintaining T161W could be following:

Plant from different company codes:

If we don't have T161W maintained. System will allow us to create both UB and NB type order for Plants from different company codes.

Which is a flaw actually. And to avoid this, we maintain entries in T161W. So, we atleast have a check to ensure only NB document types are used for plants for different company codes.

Plants of Same company codes:

There is no impact if we don't maintain T161W for plants of same company code. Because, even if we try to create Doc type NB by mistake system will prevent us stating "Plants are from same company code and doc type should be UB"

Once again thank you Jurgen and DB49. Please do correct me if i missed something.

Regards,

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen/DB49,

Thank you so much.. And finally i guess mystery revealed .

@Jurgen-> I have tried the last scenario which you stated. infact all the above scenarios that i have done inturn fullfils the last one you stated.

because i had actually taken XXXX--> ZZZZ from T161W and checked it for XXXX->YYYY.. So, there are no issues in this case. System doesn't prevent us in this case.

And would like to share with you following things just to summarize so that it could be useful from others if incase they needed.

1) When we have an entry maintained as follows.

Supplying plant   Recv. plant   Doc type

AAAA                BBBB          NB

In this case if we try to create an Intracompany STO of Doc type - UB.. System will prevent us with error message

06-674(Settings have been made in Customizing specifying that document type NB is normally to be used for supplying plant WM66 and receiving plant WM84. However, you have chosen document type UB.)

a)So, If we have defined NB doc type to be used in T161W for Supplying/Recv plant . The same should be used if not,we will face above error message.However this error message can be made as Warning and bypassed.

2) When we have an entry maintained as follows.

Supplying plant   Recv. Plant   Doc type

AAAA                CCCC           UB

So, in this case if we try to create an Intercompany STO of Doc type - NB.. System will prevent is with error message.(06-639). And this message doesn't look for T161W. It looks for the company codes involved whenever the doc. type is "UB".

a) So, this means doc type NB cannot be used for Plant of same company code.

b) And Doc type UB can be used for any two plants of same company code though we don't have entries in T161W.

06-639(You wish to create a purchase order or a scheduling agreement for a vendor to whom a supplying plant has been assigned. This corresponds to a stock transport order for a cross-company-code stock transfer, for whose items shipping data will be determined, deliveries and billing documents will be generated and, finally, incoming invoices will be posted (in the standard system, this corresponds to order type NB).

This transaction must involve more than one company code. However, with the data entered this is not the case: the supplying plant that is assigned to the vendor belongs to the same company code as the purchasing organization entered.)

So, finally the Importance and reason for maintaining T161W could be following:

Plant from different company codes:

If we don't have T161W maintained. System will allow us to create both UB and NB type order for Plants from different company codes.

Which is a flaw actually. And to avoid this, we maintain entries in T161W. So, we atleast have a check to ensure only NB document types are used for plants for different company codes.

Plants of Same company codes:

There is no impact if we don't maintain T161W for plants of same company code. Because, even if we try to create Doc type NB by mistake system will prevent us stating "Plants are from same company code and doc type should be UB"

Once again thank you Jurgen and DB49. Please do correct me if i missed something.

Regards,

Dhilipan

Answers (0)