cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.6 Upgrade to 7.8 -> MultiVersionReadSupport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

we have one single database running on maxdb 7.6. We have a full file backup with about 500 MB. So the db is rather small.

I set up another server with ubuntu 12.04 and installed the 7.8 x64 server and cranked it up - seems to be running fine, as I can login with database stduio.

So I created a database, told to get the parameters from a backup (as I always did until now...), modified some parameters (the wrk paths will be a bit different now!). Volumes get created and stuff. All works fine.

Then I select the file for recovery and it starts working. After anout 5 minutes, I get the message:

-3068 Mismatch of parameter configuration between backup and instance6,Data recovery failed20035,Parameter UseMultiVersionReadSupport not foundServertask Info: because Error in backup task occuredJob 1 (Backup / Restore Medium Task) [executing] WaitingT72 Result=5224Error in backup task occured, Error code 5224 "wrong_configuration"

Any help on that? Isn't it possible to restore a 7.6 backup to 7.8? Which is the right way?

Thank you!

Fluxo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fluxo,

* What version of the source database?

Output of the commands:

db_enum

sdbregview -l

* What is the version of the target database?

* What is the value of the database parameter UseMultiVersionReadSupport in the target database:

param_directget UseMultiVersionReadSupport

Also post output of the dbm command:

param_checkall

* What is the version of the DB studio you used to run the initialization of the target database for restore?

Regards, Natalia Khlopina