cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple SAP Systems in one Host.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could someone help me understand what is the position of SAP in relation to customer/technical support for multiple SAP system in one machine.

I.E.

I wanna know if i can install multiple SAP systems in one machine, and if SAP does support such scenario or if there is any technical constraint for this kind of situation.

Also, i would like to know the same thing for multiple Oracle DB in one machine, if there is any technical constraint and if SAP does or does not support such deployment.

Any link/Document/Reply is welcome. Thank you.

(I apologize in advance if this post is in the wrong section, but i have read "tons" of documents and can't have a straight answer)

Regards,

Diogo Silva.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Diogo,

You can install Multiple instance on single machine. For installation please go through the below link.

MCOD

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8559

Regards,

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MCOD refers to multiple instances on a single Database. This is different to multiple instances each with their own database instances.  To show the difference, you could, if you wanted to get silly, have following scenario, all on one host....

Oracle Instance DB1 for SAP central instances S01 and S02 (using MCOD),

plus

Oracle instance DB2, for SAP system S03

plus

Oracle instance DB3, for SAP system S04

plus (because we're being silly)

1-N Application Servers for systems with DB servers on other hosts

Of course, it's madness, but it is possible

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Does SAP support multi SID ASCS/SCS in two node cluster with diffrent SID and same instance number

SID PRD/BWP/CWP have indepedned virtual hostname and IP address

Node1 Node2

ASCS00(PRD) ERS01(PRD)

ERS01(BWP) SCS00(BWP)

ASCS00(CWP) ERS01(CWP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you all for the replies they were all very helpfull.

I know this kind of scenario nowadays its silly, and maybe harmful, we probably will not do this kind of setup.

Just wanted to make sure that if the situation asked for such scenario i would still be supported by SAP.

Marking this as answered. Thank you all.

Regards,

Diogo Silva.

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diogo,

Nowadays, If you have virtualised servers, there is no need to have more than one SAP instance per server, and depending on your virtualisation software, you have a greater or lesser control over resource allocation anyway (as an aside, I remember being 'blown away' the first time I moved a running SAP instance, still active with user connections etc, from one physical server to another).

Personally, I favor one virtual server per instance (whether the instance is a DB server, a Dialog server or a Central Instance). This is offers a certain degree of isolation between the instances, and allows simpler, more discrete, maintenance of the executables of your SAP systems. Practical concerns do raise their head; obviously, for example, the closer instances are in network terms, the faster the traffic (i.e. DBMS updates between a dialog instance and a DB instance) will flow

Of course, if you think of multiple SAP instances, running on different virtual servers, but on the same physical hardware, then you realise that the real issue is having enough resources to support your workload, regardless of what it is made up of or how it is physically distributed  

hth

former_member209924
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can install as many SAP systems on one host as you want, SAP will support it.  The more SAP systems you install on one host, the more resources will be required.  Same applies to Databases.

Always keep Production systems on its own host.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thank you for your reply, it was helpfull.

Just to make sure, when you say i should put Production systems on its own host, i can still put multiple Production systems in one machine and be supported by SAP.

That was what i understand, correct me if i'm wrong.

Regards,

Diogo Silva.